Lone Wolf Distributing fact or fiction?

Discussion in 'Lone Wolf Distributors Forum' started by ae7v, Feb 11, 2012.

1. I heard today from what I would consider a reliable source that Lone Wolf Distributing aftermarket slides and barrels are made in China. Does anyone have any knowledge of this to actually be true? I'm hoping not but this stinks if it's true.

Wanna kill these ads? We can help!
  2. seaswol

seaswol NRA Life Member

I have 2 of their barrels and one of their slides and many replacement components. All have worked as stated. The barrel is really tight but if I reload to it, it's grouping is GREAT!!.
    Chris

3. This answers the OPs question how? :dunno:

4. seaswol

seaswol NRA Life Member

Quality products come from many sources. In the late 1950's anything from Japan was Junk, but that certainly changed. Lionel Trains we mfgd in Korea then on to China. Please let me know why they are no longer mfgd in Edison, NJ. No, I don't want the poison from China, yet how much of the US do they own? You can thank the banking industry and Wal Mart for YOUR woes!
    Chris

5. Bill Clinton is responsible for granting favored nation trade status to China.

6. LW refuses to say where their barrels are made so it is a point that comes up now and then but no one can state exactly where they are made...

7. I willing to guess that if Lone Wolf doesn't advertise MADE IN USA, then the rumor is correct. Anyone manufacturing in the US is stating that whenever possible, particularly in the shooting industry.

For what it's worth, I'd rather buy a used OEM Glock slide/barrel than a new LW anytime.

#7 Patriot III, Feb 11, 2012
    Last edited: Feb 11, 2012

8. Well that's the answer we need! If they want say it's AMERICIAN MADE then it's NOT:steamed:

9. I hear KOREA is where the barrels are made but so what? they (LW) seem to have tight control over QC since they are good products.

10. I heard the same thing, it's made in KOREA... forgot the name of the manufacture... I'll try to dig :)

11. look at the wolf's eyes on their logo--that should answer your question....

12. I have no idea where that brand does its manufacturing (and I don't care either way), but doesn't U.S. law require that products must be marked with their country of origin (even if its just a tag, sticker or on the packaging)? The idea being that as a consumer, one can make an informed decision on the basis of "country of origin". I would be surprised if a company could opt out of such a law, if it does, in fact, exist. Further, if an item is not marked, isn't the presumption that it is made domestically? Anyone have any knowledge of this idea?

13. I aggree. Anything made overseas has to have an indication of its origin on the item itself or on the packaging somewhere.

14. I like the few LWD products, which I have. However, I do have an issue if LWD is in fact attempting to HIDE where their products are produced. Lying and deception are not good, if that is the case.

15. DannyR

Moderator Millennium Member

Where were your computer and TV made? How about your cell phone?

If you must have a barrel made in the USA, then get a Bar-Sto or Jarvis.

#15 DannyR, Feb 11, 2012
  16. Angry Fist

Angry Fist *******!!®
    Lifetime Member
    1. Glock Talk's Drunk Squad

Same here. I have 3 and they are great! I want 2 or 3 more.

17. Why don't you go to the GATE Glock Pistol forum and ask the guy there? Maybe can tell you.

#17 jlprtr, Feb 11, 2012

18. I don't find anything on the LWD website that claims their barrels are made in the USA, do you?

19. I think I read on the internet somewhere they were made in Afghanistan.

20. I was responding to supposed refusal of information, if that is the case.