close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

Welcome to Glock Talk

Why should YOU join our Glock forum?

• Converse with other Glock Enthusiasts
  • Learn about the latest hunting products
  • Becoming a member is FREE and EASY

If you consider yourself a beginner or an avid shooter, the Glock Talk community is your place to discuss self defense, concealed carry, reloading, target shooting, and all things Glock.

Lone Wolf Dist Launches New Glock Receiver

Discussion in 'Sponsor Showcase' started by Eric, Oct 26, 2008.

1. Muffins

Muffins Range is hot!

Jun 8, 2013
    In my cage!
    Any idea when the compact Timberwolf frame will be in stock? That's the one i'm waiting on.

2. JR

JR Moderator Millennium Member

Dec 29, 1998
    Oldtown Idaho USA
    The latest rapid prototype should be on my desk when I return to the shop next week. If the improvements are approved we will begin mold modifications. Its hard to put an actual time period to delivery when we have this kind of work in front of us.

3. DRMMRJL

DRMMRJL

Aug 31, 2013
    So how bout those rapid prototypes...

any progress?

Last edited: Sep 9, 2013
  4. JR

Dec 29, 1998
    Oldtown Idaho USA
    The meeting went well! We are all very impressed with the latest rapid prototypes and moving forward with the mold modifications.
    Unfortunately I can not provide an accurate timeline however a great target date for the re-release of the TimberWolf Compact (TWC) is SHOT Show this January

5. khamill2000

khamill2000

Nov 4, 2009
    kansas
    Just throwing this out there. After I sanded the bottom of the grip of my prototype, is has worked perfectly and I am really happy with it.

6. JR

Dec 29, 1998
    Oldtown Idaho USA
    Yes indeed, if you have a fit issue with a mag, removing a little material from the magwell will make every magazine fit.

7. DRMMRJL

DRMMRJL

Aug 31, 2013
    Any idea where i can find a prototype?

8. khamill2000

khamill2000

Nov 4, 2009
    kansas
    I think you missed out on that unless someone on here is willing to sell theirs.

9. JR

Dec 29, 1998
    Oldtown Idaho USA
    That is correct, no more available at this time. LW pulled the frames as soon as we realized there was an issue with some magazines. Khamill2000 hit the nail on the head, its an easy fix but unacceptable from our standpoint.

10. DRMMRJL

DRMMRJL

Aug 31, 2013
  11. WDN

WDN

Sep 8, 2001
    Illinois
    Picked up a AA .22 conversion this past week. Trigger bar runs hard up against the feed lip of the mag. Keeps the mag from fully inserting even though I have mod the bottom of the grip to work with all Glock mags. I think a small mod to the mag will correct the issue without causing any problems with my oem Glock 19's. Anybody else try a .22 conversion on their prototype frames?

12. Any updates?
    I got tired of waiting for the large frame (20/21) so I got another G20 and sold the upper to have a frame for my G20LS.

13. khamill2000

khamill2000

Nov 4, 2009
    kansas
    I ran an AA conversion on mine. Check back a few pages.

14. clackattack

clackattack

Jul 31, 2013
    SOOOO, shot show is here, are the compacts going to ship now????

15. DRMMRJL

DRMMRJL

Aug 31, 2013
    Is this still valid?

16. JR

Dec 29, 1998
    Oldtown Idaho USA
    Sorry for the delayed response. Unfortunately SHOT Show has come and gone without the release of the TWC (bummer). All I can say is the project is proceeding as well as possible. We have moved past all modifications and into texturing. This is the final repair-modification stage. I expect to have the molds in my possession in 30 to 60 days. If all goes well after that point I would expect product to be shipping within 30 days of receipt.

17. doodi1

doodi1

Dec 18, 2008
    Reston Virginia
    That's great, cause I'm going to need a couple of them at least!:supergrin:

18. clackattack

clackattack

Jul 31, 2013
  19. JR

Dec 29, 1998
    Oldtown Idaho USA
    I expected to have the repaired TWC molds in hand by now. Needless to say they are currently held hostage by a Government entity awaiting an asigned classification. Hopefully this situation will be rightly resolved in the coming weeks and forgo any further (unnecessary) drama.

20. gtistile

gtistile

Dec 23, 2012
    Good. Lord.

Literally closing in on 2 years worth of "minor setback, a couple more weeks" for the compact. Smdh :/