close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

Lone Wolf Dist Launches New Glock Receiver

Discussion in 'Sponsor Showcase' started by Eric, Oct 26, 2008.

1. Any updates on ETA?

2. JR

JR Moderator Millennium Member

Dec 29, 1998
    Oldtown Idaho USA
    Full Size 17-22 frames are in stock and ready to go. Proceeding forward with both 19-23 and 20-21 projects as intended

Last edited: Jun 7, 2013

3. 22OpenGlock

22OpenGlock

May 28, 2013
    Hi JR,

I am currently building a USPSA open division gun and I have chosen the Lone Wolf frame to do my build on. Upon assembling the gun and beginning to check and tune my magazines, I notices that they are very tight in the magwell. Some of them are even worse when they are loaded to maximum capacity. For me this is a big no-no seeing that I need them to drop free and insert freely at all times.

My question is, has anyone else experienced this problem and how did you fix it?

I do have some other complaints with the frame because the tolerances seem way to tight in many areas of the gun. Another example of this would be that the trigger bar is rubbing on the side of my magazines and causing the trigger pull to become heavier due to the amount of drag.

Again, has anyone else experienced this problem and how did you fix it?

Thanks for your time and all your help!

22OpenGlock

4. JR

Dec 29, 1998
    Oldtown Idaho USA
    What frame do you have & what is the serial number?

5. muncie21

muncie21

May 13, 2007
    NE Ohio
    Interesting find 22Open. I have the large frame (G17/22) frame which I have setup for 9mm and the factory 9mm mags drop fine. For grins I tried several G22 mags in this frame. None of them would drop free and as you mentioned fully loaded mags had to be pulled forcefully from the pistol. I'm keeping an eye on this thread to see how this gets resolved, in the event I want to switch to major PF.

6. 22OpenGlock

22OpenGlock

May 28, 2013
    I have the Full Size Timber Wolf Frame. Serial #: AAB354

7. 22OpenGlock

22OpenGlock

May 28, 2013
    Since you mentioned that your 9mm magazines drop free I also just tried that since I have a few G17 mags laying around. All of my 9mm / G17 magazines drop free...

Since I have a match coming up in a few weeks I switched my open gun kit back over to my original G22 frame and in order to not let my Lone Wolf frame go to waste I installed a original Glock G37 top on it. Upon installing this top and inserting the magazines I have found that G37 magazines do not drop free either.

Last edited: Jun 11, 2013
  8. JR

Dec 29, 1998
    Oldtown Idaho USA
    22Open: Your frame (receiver) is current production (within the last year). You will need to verify the connector is properly seated. If not, by default the connector will push the trigger bar (TB) into the frame increasing trigger drag. FYI: Current production TB's have a bump in this area to deflect the majority of the bars contact with the frame.
    I assume your magazines are G22 current issue FML?

9. muncie21

muncie21

May 13, 2007
    NE Ohio
    The mag is getting hung up in the grip. The pictures are of an empty, FML Glock brand G22 magazine.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

10. 22OpenGlock

22OpenGlock

May 28, 2013
    Yes, my magazines are recently produced FML Glock factory magazines.

11. JR

Dec 29, 1998
    Oldtown Idaho USA
    I had Dan verify current inventory for magazine release issues. He was unable to duplicate any failures using G22 magazines. I recommend you contact Dan the LWD Armorer at dshepard@lonewolfdist.com and see if he has any tricks up his sleeve to help resolve this issue

12. 22OpenGlock

22OpenGlock

May 28, 2013
    Thanks JR. I'll shoot him an email today.

13. gtistile

gtistile

Dec 23, 2012
    May came and went. Any updates on the compact?

14. JR

Dec 29, 1998
    Oldtown Idaho USA
    Re-tooling for the 19/23 magazine insert now. This is a slow painful process but it is sure to cure any issues if you had them.

15. Kingarthurhk

Kingarthurhk Isaiah 53:4-9

Sep 5, 2010
    Texas
    I just wanted to say thanks to JR and and the armorers at Lonewolf. I had my threaded extended 10mm barrel in for work. I finally got a chance to test it out today with some hardcast ammo. Flawless. Not a single hiccup with either the standard spring or a 22lb tungesten guide rod spring. The weapon did not have a single FTE or double feed. I can't say thanks enough guys. Awesome work. My hog hunting/woods gun is up and running and I couldn't be happier. :supergrin:

16. PHS

PHS

Jul 26, 2010
    Louisiana.
    I recently purchased a LW full size frame. I have two issues so far: Mags will not drop free and there is a noticeably larger gap in the forward rails which in turn causes a lot of play in the slide fit. My frame is a relatively new one #AAB 551. After reading through this thread I've found the solution to my tight mag issue by using the Gen 4 mags. What can be done to fix the frame rail fit problem?

-PHS

17. JR

Dec 29, 1998
    Oldtown Idaho USA
    You should email LWD Armorer (Dan) at <dshepard@lonewolfdist.com>
    Be sure to include a pic

18. clackattack

clackattack

Jul 31, 2013
    Any idea when the compact frames will be in production? I've got an upper and all my parts waiting patiently!

Thanks

19. JR

Dec 29, 1998
    Oldtown Idaho USA
    Mold work takes time (unfortunately). We are all chomping at the bit! I should have a realistic forecast by months end

20. scuba0331

scuba0331

Aug 12, 2013
    I am brand new to this forum (first post) and currently have 5 different Glocks. I used to carry the 21, all prettied up by Robar but have since switched to the Gen 4 35. I bought the Timberwolf frame for my 17 and now that it is assembled and ready to go....F'ing love it. JR, you and your guys did a fantastic job on the full sized frames. Looking forward to sharing my experience and lack of knowledge with you guys.