Lone Wolf Dist Launches New Glock Receiver

Discussion in 'Sponsor Showcase' started by Eric, Oct 26, 2008.

1. Neal

Millennium Member

After spending several hours this last weekend reading much of this thread and others about the Timberwolf frame, I decided to order one. Last night they were still in stock on the Lone Wolf website. So after work today I came home and brought my phone to the computer to call in the order, I pulled up the Lone Wolf website and guess what? They are now on backorder!!!! I hope JR can give us a rough idea when they will have more available. :crying:

Wanna kill these ads? We can help!
  2. Hey JR,
    Any idea on when you will start on the full size frame (20/21)?

3. JR

JR
    Moderator Millennium Member

Full size 17/22 are good to go. The 19/23 molds are undergoing major changes to the core. The 20/21 is proceeding as expected

4. Do the full size (17/34/22/35) frames require a special ejector? I received my frame today and the standard 9mm ejector is a no-go.

5. My prototype didn't

sent from my mobile.

6. WDN

WDN

When you say ejector, are you talking about the complete trigger housing? The Timberwolf frames use a SF trigger housing GLO-5406. The GLO-5406 comes with a .45 ejector, you pull a 9mm ejector from your 9mm trigger housing and install it into the 5406 housing. Actually, I think all the new frames include a LWD trigger housing. Is it hidden in the packaging somewhere?

7. The only things that came with the frame were the back straps (x2) and the mag release button. I will drop LW a note Mon. to see if the ejector housing was supposed to be shipped with the frame.

8. rkrk

What do you expect to come from the changes?

9. JR

JR

Muncie: The TW frames utilize the SF trigger housing. You can see them here http://www.lonewolfdist.com/Search.aspx?TERM=uts

rkrk: The core mold changes will directly affect the magazine seating issues some compact owners are experiencing

10. Neal

Millennium Member

JR, can you give us any estimate on when you will have more of the full size (G17, 22 etc.) frames available? Thank you.

11. JR

JR

We expect a batch of rails this week. If they arrive as expected we will have 17-22 (full size) frames withing 2 to 3 weeks

12. Neal

Millennium Member

OK, thank you.

13. ShagZ

I can not wait for the g20 frame. I plan to build a whole g20 pistol from your company.

Thank you for your time.

Marty

14. Do you have a target date for these?

15. JR

JR

The 20/21 project has been temporally delayed while we reconfigure the 19/23 mag well.

16. :crying:

17. JR

JR

I know this sounds bad but it isn't! We just approved a rapid prototype today so we are moving along nicely

18. Neal

Millennium Member

Rails did not arrive?

19. What type of production method is used to make the frame rails? I know that the OEM Glocks rails are now MIM with copper plating and electroless nickel, not a big fan of that combination as it doesn't seem to wear very well.

Also, do you have any updates on when to expect the full size 9/40/357 frames in stock?

#1739 aaaa_cccc, Apr 28, 2013
    Last edited: Apr 28, 2013
  20. JR

JR

Full size production frames are in production now. Will be available for delivery very soon