close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

Welcome to Glock Talk

Why should YOU join our Glock forum?

• Converse with other Glock Enthusiasts
  • Learn about the latest hunting products
  • Becoming a member is FREE and EASY

If you consider yourself a beginner or an avid shooter, the Glock Talk community is your place to discuss self defense, concealed carry, reloading, target shooting, and all things Glock.

Lone Wolf Dist Launches New Glock Receiver

Discussion in 'Sponsor Showcase' started by Eric, Oct 26, 2008.

1. TexasPOff

TexasPOff "Dump The Hump"

Jun 13, 2006
    Texas
  2. Here's a cool link about a buildup of a Timberwolf G17, http://www.maxvenom.com/turbo_glock

It answers the age old question, "Why would you spend $1100 on a Glock?" The answer may suprise you!

3. windplex

windplex

Aug 2, 2005
    Milwaukee
    thank you; nice example. do you have a similar build on a long slide - g34/g35 with your slide and frame?

my dream glock would have a g23 frame and g35 slide(yours or stock). i know they are not compatable but nonetheless that is my dream glock and wonder if this might be possible with future timber wolf frames and slides???

keep up the good work!

4. LWD Armorer

LWD Armorer

Oct 3, 2006
    Oldtown

Windplex,
    You and I are on the same page. Compact lower with a 34 or 35 upper. I LOVE that gun and it is easy to do.
    What you need:

Compact Lower

34,35 upper

LWD-19XL or LWD-2340XL barrel (we also have 9mm conversion in XL and 357 sig)

http://www.lonewolfdist.com/Search.aspx?TERM=LWD-19xl

http://www.lonewolfdist.com/Search.aspx?TERM=lwd-2340xl

LWD-DC1
    http://www.lonewolfdist.com/Search.aspx?TERM=lwd-dc1

That will get the job done! You still use the compact guide rod recoil spring.

5. rkrk

rkrk

Dec 4, 2006
    I am in as well. Looking forward to it

Rkrk

6. tacdriver22mk2

tacdriver22mk2

Jun 14, 2012
    please hurry up on the 19/23 timberwolf frames i am itching for a new carry gun and am fighting the urge to try the gen4 factory glocks for a timberwolf

7. JR

JR Moderator Millennium Member

Dec 29, 1998
    Oldtown Idaho USA
    I hope to have a tease-er video available in the next day or so. Keep this page book marked!

8. RottnJP

RottnJP Lifetime Member

Feb 1, 2005
    CT
    ...Then we can all start begging for the G20/G21 frames, right? ;)

9. Here's a quick teaser video of our new compact Timberwolf.

Stay tuned for details how GlockTalk members will be able to get a Prototype frame at a greatly reduced cost!

http://bit.ly/MuRUew

Let me know what you think.

10. AR_Guy

AR_Guy

Jun 11, 2012
    That looks awesome, can't wait.

11. TexasPOff

Jun 13, 2006
    Texas
    I like it. My only concern and may be misplaced, is the mag release. I would think this 19/23 sized frame will be used more for concealed carry than the full sized LW frame.
    Because of that I worry about the mag release being accidentally pushed while being concealed. It does stick out a bit, to aid in it's use, but there is nothing to prevent accidental contact. A small contoured ledge could aid in preventing or minimizing accidental activation.

Just my observation and by no means does it deter me from picking one as soon as you announce them. I will be using mine as a duty and off duty weapon, so it will be exposed to outside carry as well as concealed.

So, JR, want my CC# now.....:wavey: TXPO

12. Robs_G23

Robs_G23

May 18, 2004
    UT
    Excellent! Looking forward to getting one.

13. WDN

WDN

Sep 8, 2001
    Illinois
    I have a full frame Timberwolf and I don't think the mag release sticks out a whole lot further than a Glock. What make the Timberwolf mag release nice is how it extends back further. Therefore making easier to manipulate without adjusting grip.
    My main concern with the Timberwolf frame mag release would be the pressure it take to release the mag. My proto was way to soft. I believe they have made changes to the design to stiffen it up though.

Last edited: Jul 4, 2012
  14. JR

JR Moderator Millennium Member

Dec 29, 1998
    Oldtown Idaho USA
    The original TimberWolf 17 frame had a few isolated complaints regarding inadvertent mag release. This issue was resolved by moving the mag spring retention hole off center creating more tension on the MR. The new release TimberWolf 19 frame has this feature incorporated into it already.
    I highly recommend you try the MR as issued, I am sure you will be pleased. If anybody was still apprehensive regarding this issue we have a modified MR available via special request.

15. RottnJP

RottnJP Lifetime Member

Feb 1, 2005
    CT
    I would second this- I really like the TW's mag release. As WDN says, it doesn't stick out too far, it just extends further rearward. It's like Gen4, but looks classier & feels better than the big rectangle. I have #AAA3xx, and don't have any issues with premature ejection... :supergrin:

My only concern is that not all drop-free mags drop free, at least in .40. According to JR, it has been observed that the 3rd gen mags perform best in this regard, so I'll have to dig through my mag box and try some Gen3 mags to pair with it, I guess.

I'm curious if this is going to be rectified in the compact & large caliber TW frames?

Thanks!

16. tacdriver22mk2

tacdriver22mk2

Jun 14, 2012
    PLEASE make a bobtail option for the magwell/backstrap

and is it possible to have a 1911 thumb safety style thumbrest for those of us that like a thumbs forward grip pretty please

also can i call dibbs on serial# 711/777 please

thank you for your time and i hope you enjoy the rest of your day

Last edited: Jul 4, 2012
  17. rkrk

rkrk

Dec 4, 2006
    Looks good and looking forward to picking one up. I am in when they are available.

Thanks
    Rk

18. TexasPOff

Jun 13, 2006
    Texas

No worries, I am getting one. I was simply going off the images of the frame. As soon as the prototypes are available I will be ordering on. I have a 19 slide waiting on it..:supergrin: TXPO

19. Robs_G23

Robs_G23

May 18, 2004
    UT
    Still patiently waiting. Any further news?

20. We are making tweaks to the first run of prototypes and will have some updated proto's here in a few weeks or so.