close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

Welcome to Glock Talk

Why should YOU join our Glock forum?

• Converse with other Glock Enthusiasts
  • Learn about the latest hunting products
  • Becoming a member is FREE and EASY

If you consider yourself a beginner or an avid shooter, the Glock Talk community is your place to discuss self defense, concealed carry, reloading, target shooting, and all things Glock.

Lone Wolf Dist Launches New Glock Receiver

Discussion in 'Sponsor Showcase' started by Eric, Oct 26, 2008.

1. JR

JR Moderator Millennium Member

Dec 29, 1998
    Oldtown Idaho USA
    The 20/21 project is moving along quickly. We expect to run the first few sample 19/23 frames the first of March

2. Yes! Its been quite the wait. Finally . . .

3. WDN

WDN

Sep 8, 2001
    Illinois
    After shooting my prototype g17 next to my G19, I'm ready to convert the G19. Just love how the Timberwolf frame handles. When the 19/23 frames are ready, I might see if I can upgrade my prototype to a full production piece so all my mags will function.

4. Paul53

Paul53 Geezer Boomer

Nov 27, 2011
    Maine
  5. JR

Dec 29, 1998
    Oldtown Idaho USA
    We have not shot any prototype frames yet but the rails are good to go and we hope to shoot them this month. Things are still moving along smoothly. We pretty much plan on offering early sales models by May.

6. waawaaweenie

waawaaweenie

Feb 6, 2012
    middle of PRK
    how well do these frames take the cerakote?

do they handle the heat of baking it too?

7. There have been alot of customers that have cerakoted the frames. They take the heat fine it seems.

We also do film dips on the frames, it allows you to get crazy patterns not really available with paint easily.

You can see them here.

http://www.lonewolfdist.com/Products.aspx?CAT=4424

8. JR

Dec 29, 1998
    Oldtown Idaho USA
    A lot of distraction with the new launch of our display trailer at NRA. Unfortunately this will create a small 3-4 week delay on the prototype 19/23 frames

9. JR

Dec 29, 1998
    Oldtown Idaho USA
    We will be building a SLA 20/21 in the next few days.
    The 19/23 molds will be in route to us by the end of this month

10. rkrk

rkrk

Dec 4, 2006
    thanks for the update

looking forward to the 23 frame

rkrk

11. doodi1

doodi1

Dec 18, 2008
    Reston Virginia
    Whats SLA 20/21? Is that the Glock 21 frame? Wow, I cannot wait.:cool:

BTW, i'm in for 2 of the 19/23 when they come in, and I'll be getting 2 more of the G17/22 frames.

Last edited: Apr 19, 2012
  12. JR

Dec 29, 1998
    Oldtown Idaho USA
    SLA® Prototype Parts

Stereolithography (SLA) provides accurate models and patterns in record time. Concept models, masters and patterns are created in record time using Stereolithography. Along with PolyJet, SLA is among the most accurate and precise rapid prototyping technologies available. Complete in-house finishing capability for production-like prototypes ensures your model and patterns are delivered on time, ready for immediate application.

SLA models and patterns can be produced in a matter of hours from any popular CAD system. Starting with CAD geometry, IGES or STL data, Solid Concepts' engineers will guide your most demanding project through every step of the process to guarantee timely delivery. In-house developed 3D viewing and translation software and special finishing techniques make it possible for Solid Concepts to provide the highest level of quality at competitive prices.

Because of their accuracy and ability to reproduce fine details, SLA models are ideal for use as concept models, form and fit studies and as master patterns for a variety of molding techniques. Options for finishing include color-matched painting, texturing and pad printing, to give your model a "production quality" look and

13. doodi1

doodi1

Dec 18, 2008
    Reston Virginia
    JR, Thanks for the comprehensive explanation. Keep up the good work.