Lone Wolf Dist Launches New Glock Receiver

Discussion in 'Sponsor Showcase' started by Eric, Oct 26, 2008.

1. brad27

brad27 Glock for Life

Let a newbie chime in if I may...bottom line to me is if you don't like the frame or you don't like the way they've made it or you don't like his honest answer to you "the customer" then don't buy it! But don't throw down this "I don't think you need to remember which side of the dealer/customer relationship you're on" crap because you instigated the conversation hopefully with the intention of receiving an honest answer...and not some lame answer that you would receive from a programmed Wal-mart employee.

Wanna kill these ads? We can help!
  2. Eric

Eric Big Giant Head
    Staff Member Admin Millennium Member

Guys, please do not let the thread get derailed by bickering. Keep posts on topic. Thanks. Eric

3. JR thank you for the info, waiting on the reply -

4. 1811guy

1811guy Formerly1811guy2

Nice frame, and fortunately, legal for competition in USPSA.:supergrin:

5. JR

JR
    Moderator Millennium Member

I talked with IDPA a few months back. I was informed the new frame qualified for ESP division
    Also legal in USPSA limited and Open class

6. Now, Lone Wolf should take their skills/connections and go design a single-stack pocket 9 that has Glock reliability, and sell it for a reasonable price. I would probably buy 2.

7. :dunno: I guess Hogue and Pachmayr didnt consult you before they started making finger groove grips. But those companies stopped making them because noone bought them...wait, no they didnt, because people do buy them.

JR, I hope they are a success and you make them for the G23 as well.

8. Joe D

Joe D Guest

Not so sure about that. If the CCF is legal in ESP with a G34 upper then why would this one not be.

9. BuckyP

Lifetime Member

Wow, just thinking about an all LWD 19/23 with built in Laser. Could the search for the "perfect carry gun" be near.

10. QNman

QNman resU deretsigeR

JR:

I just ordered a 21 barrel for my 21SF yesterday... it gives me warm-fuzzies when shooting reloads.

When the 21 frame comes out, if it really is under $200, I'll get in line for sure.

Thanks for providing the excellent customer service many of us have come to enjoy. My Glocks are better for it. :supergrin:

11. Ok a lot of questions

What holsters and Surefire X--- DG switch will work with your receiver

How about a ambi magazine release, always liked the Hk USP lever and it would seem to me it would be easy to make the magazine release modular to allow either button or lever, but then again I'am more qualified to critique warp core harmonics and wizards spells then the mechanics of a Glock

About the laser

1. Is it a Pulse or Steady Beam
    2. How long does it run and on what kind of battery
    3. is it water resistant
    4. If the Diode goes will you replace it or will a new receiver be necessary
    5. will it clear a suppressor

Now about the Receiver in General

1. will you offer it with stippling or golfballing on the entire grip instead of just front and rear strap(maybe also do the finger pads near the takedown lever)
    2. cuts on the magwell sides for ease extracting magazine(Never had a problem or heard of any but it looks cool)
    3. How pronounced is the beavertail(hard to tell from the rendering)
    4. If it is possible to expand or bevel to trigger guard to help us ham hands who wear gloves

Any talk about Raven Concealment about making a Phantom Light Compatible Holster

And if you're making it from scratch maybe make it work with XD magazines so I could squeeze an extra round

Smoke
    I loved the feel of the finger groves on the Walther P99(Not the Smith & Weston crap) just no the rest of the package.

-[FONT=&quot]edited for spelling [/FONT]

#131 Neofyte, Oct 29, 2008
    Last edited: Oct 29, 2008
  12. Cool I will be making a 22lr gun with one

13. ...I'm excited about it and would really like to fondle one. I also appreciate 'JR' for watching the thread and weighing in. I'm impressed. I really think the 19/23 is the best blend for a carry gun but haven't bought one b/c the slide bites my hand due to my hand hold. The new grip angle and beavertail would be very welcomed.

And...I wouldn't have to wait weeks for an aftermarket shop to modify a factory frame that I can't sell if I ever get rid of the gun.

The next one I'd like to see is 19, then a 26!

Thanks to LWD for introducing what could be a great new product.

14. JR

JR
    Moderator Millennium Member

Our frame will fit any holster designed for the Glock.
    We are going with the standard MR that operates from the LH side of the frame. It seems the current factory produced ambi-MR is running into problems with several holsters currently on the market. We want to avoid the trouble

Laser Questions
    1. Steady Beam
    2. (2) #2032 Button Cell Batteries - about 4 hours of continuous on time.
    3. Weather resistant - rain & splash proof - submergence will not damage the unit, but batteries will have to be removed and dried.
    4. Diode is replaceable by the factory (or a capable gunsmith)
    5. Diode is offset from the bore by just over 3/4" - will probably not clear 1.5" dia suppressors but we are working on it.

Receiver Questions
    1. Stippling
    2. We agree!
    3. Our Beavertail will stop slide bite for sure
    4. We have modified a lot of Glock frames over the years. We would not be offended if you decided to cut, grind or chop away at this frame. If your proud of the job maybe you could even share it with us. After all, that is how we got started!
    5. Don't know who Raven is? Don't know their product line. If they make a Glock holster ours will fit
    6. Glock mags only. If you want extra rounds we recommend Arredondo

15. Why? (scratches head) Now if they really wanted to do something worthwhile, they could make a folding stock tactical carbine that takes Glock mags

16. dawg23

dawg23 Resident Dimwit

No one (that I noticed) has commented on the indentation that seems to have been created at the rear of the trigger guard.

If that's what it is, thank you. I will buy four G19's as soon as they are offered, and the factory indentation willl save me the trouble of removing the "bump."

17. Eric

Eric Big Giant Head
    Staff Member Admin Millennium Member

Now it is my turn to scratch my head and ask why. I will never understand the fascination with pistol caliber carbines, but this is a conversation for another time (and thread). Eric

18. look into Keltec & Olympic Arms

19. I would be interested in a full pistol version, any chance for LEO discounts?

20. speedracer815

speedracer815 NRA - ISRA

So you could actually have a Lone Wolf instead of a Glock. LW frame, slide and barrel. I wonder if they'll start marketing complete guns.