Lone Wolf Dist Launches New Glock Receiver

Discussion in 'Sponsor Showcase' started by Eric, Oct 26, 2008.

1. N.D.Glock23, you wrote:
    LWD has successfully brought many useful products to market, such as high-quality after-market Glock slides. The *only* way to make a Glock 20L is using their slide:

[​IMG]

Sometimes we simply need patience. Of course, most firearm owners want their stuff yesterday.

Wanna kill these ads? We can help!
  2. Yeah.

Here's a screen shot of my order. Note the order date.
    [​IMG]

Attached Files:

3. Patience??? Whats that??? :rofl:

N.D.

4. I'm so looking forward to testing one.. especially at the reduced pricing. My G22 is waiting to be cannibalized

5. LWD Armorer

LWD Armorer GT Sponsor

We did not expect the demand of the LWD Carbine Lowers. I am sure we have filled all back orders clean up to the beginning of October. My next shipment of Carbine lowers will be in some time around the 11th-16th of this month.

Some will be the Pistol Receivers. I will assemble a few to make complete Carbine Receivers, All the rest will be stripped lowers. It is a good size shipment coming in; back orders should be filled all the way to January if not better.

6. Dan, That is outstanding to hear! Thanks for the update.

7. Bullman

Bullman Deranged Deputy

Is there a difference between pistol and carbine receivers? My only interest in the frame right now is to build a mechtech carbine to go along with my 40 caliber glocks, I am assuming that your frames work in this application.

8. I think you're confused -

The Pistol vs Carbine receivers referenced by Dan are AR Type receivers that take GLOCK mags. The plastic pistol frame is a completely different animal.

9. they make the AR bottoms just for 9m not 40 or 45 correct?

10. Bullman

Bullman Deranged Deputy

I was confused

11. LWD Armorer

LWD Armorer GT Sponsor

Our AR lowers will work with 9mm, 40S&W, and 357 sig uppers. I do not think anyone yet builds uppers in 357 sig. But you can find 9mm and 40 S&W top ends.

12. LWD Armorer

LWD Armorer GT Sponsor

13. Cool vids!

Looking forward to getting my hands on a LWD GLock Lower, Actually picking up a parts gun Sat. (G34).

14. I would advise Lone Wolf to do something Old Man Gaston doesn't - and that is to spell out in extreme DETAIL the differences between the Lone Wolf Frames and the existing Glock Frames.

"Smallest Grip in the Industry" ??? How small? What is different? How much smaller is the Grip compared to Glock Gen 2,3,4? I liked the initial idea shown on the LWD 2009 catalog, but the production model has Finger Groves and multiple backstraps - just like the Factory Gen 4. (and Glock's 2010 Annual - like all other previous Annuals is sadly lacking on detailed information) Now, it still looks like it may be easier to just stick with doing the Grip Reduction surgery on existing frames........

15. ScrappyDoo

ScrappyDoo Tacticool brah!

LWD Armorer, I had no idea you made a Glock AR lower... Could you explain what else I would need to build a glock AR and how much it would cost approx. / how hard?

I'm no armorer so if it's hard I don't think I could do it... But I can and do read and take instructions well so if it was simply a matter of following the directions I could I think.

Thanks!

16. I know it wasn't asked of me but -

LWD Complete lower is $350. RockRiver A4 complete upper is $500. A2 is $520. 2 pins to push in to assemble, no tools required. So the most simple way will cost about $900, not including mags. Add optic/sight if go A4. Could be little less, depending on what kind of deals you can get.

#476 smoke, Feb 5, 2010
    Last edited: Feb 5, 2010
  17. Wow, came in late and just saw this....

So who makes a AR Upper in .40 S&W?? (i've seen'em in 9mm and .22, but never .40 or .45 etc..)

Anyone have pics of a completed one???

Anyone tried one out???

18. Rock River Arms. Have not tried one in .40, but it's on the list. Have shot one in 9mm and it worked well.

19. LWD Armorer

LWD Armorer GT Sponsor

Correct,
    Here is a link to our AR lowers:
    http://www.lonewolfdist.com/Products.aspx?CAT=288

I have a shipment coming in in about 10 days.

Depending on the upper you go with will be the final cost on your new carbine. RockRiverArms, CMMG, Colt, Spikes Tactical, and I think there’s another player out there, selling 9mm and maybe 40S&W uppers.

There is a minor modification to the bolt in order for it to work with Glock mags:

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

20. Will the LWD GLock lowers be in this shipment?