Glock Talk banner

Lone Wolf Dist Launches New Glock Receiver

494K views 2K replies 339 participants last post by  LWD Armorer 
#1 ·
Hi folks. JR, from Lone Wolf Distributing, contacted me recently about a new series of Glock polymer receivers they are producing. He asked if we would like to have this new product announced here on GT first. This is the first big product release ever announced first on our site and I am excited about this product. I can't wait to get my hands on one.

At any rate, there isn't much info available on the receiver yet, but JR sent me a screen capture of a catalog page on the receiver that will be released soon. Here it is:

To make the picture bigger, click on the image and then click on the '+' symbol, in the upper left corner of the viewing window, to enlarge it. EP

Here is the text deswcription, from the catalog page:

Based on decades of experience with Glock pistols and feedback from thousands of shooters, Lone Wolf Distributors proudly presents the first of the Wolf Pack Series of custom replacement Glock polymer frames. Rather than "tweaking" the factory Glock frame, Lone Wolf R&D began with the human hand, designing Wolf Pack frames for maximum ergonomic efficiency, speed and certainty in handling and enhancement of instinctive pointing characteristics. Whether employed as a replacement frame of an existing Glock, or used as a superb chassis for building a totally custom pistol, from Lone Wolf Distributors' quality parts and accessories, this frame creates a vastly improved mating between the shooter and the handgun.

Feather-light and tank-tough, it offers the smallest grip circumference possible - not just for small hands, but for all hands - sculpted to encourage a fast, high grip, with an extended beavertail to eliminate 'slide bite'. The round, improved magazine release speeds ejection, while the flared and beveled mag well aids in rapid reloads. Two interchangeable back straps offer either a flatter 1911-style grip, or a palm swell, and refined finger grooves allow subtle adjustment of grip alignment. Posi-trac checkering grip alignment front and rear make for a solid grasp under wet conditions and rapid-fire recoil. The rounded trigger guard smoothes reholstering. Finally, a protected slide stop prevents accidental engagement, and the multi-spec rail system allows a mounting of either Picatinny or Weaver accessories.

Refined, rugged, and ready for the most imaginative and demanding shooters, the Wolf Pack series matches up with Glock models 17, 17L, 22, 24, 31, 34 35. Contact Lone Wolf today and let your imagination run wolf-wild!

Attachments

See less See more
Reactions: eb07
#328 ·
I don't know if Glock will introduce it or not. Obviously I hope they do, because the grip size never bothered me, I actually liked the reatch. I just can't take how it points too high for me.

But your point that there are a lot of Glocks already out there and that Glock won't sell just the lower are valid. If I hadn't sold mine, I'd consider your frame.

#331 ·
Personally, I think this is going to be great for us tinkerers who have customized with a long slide, and now have a stock slide sitting in the safe. Bang, for $200 I get a whole new pistol! Sort of, anyway! ;-)

The wait is killing me, but I know its better for everyone in the long run to get the product right before release...

#335 ·
I have a short attention span. They were announced what, 9-10 mos ago here on GT? I didn't make the shot show, it might have been my only chance to see one. Bout to give up hope here an move on to another project. Oh well----------------!
s45

#336 ·
Unfortunately I did not get right back to you guys with an update. The latest frame samples showed a couple minor issues with mold smearing and shrinkage so I expect a few weeks will be needed to resolve them. It seems we will be delayed yet again but what the heck. My new target delivery date is August

I appreciate everybody's patience regarding the delays. If you are out of patience then by all means, move along to the next project where ever that may be? What some of you do not realize is building these frames is no light task. Yah sure, its really no big deal to build 1 or 2. I have a couple working models in hand now. They cost about $50K each. The problems come up when you try to build several thousand and get the price down.

#337 ·
No offense intended JR. I understand to a very small extent the headaches of developing a new product. I have bought and continue to buy the majority of my Glock parts from LWD, and have been very satisfied with your products. In the future, when your new frame is on the market, I'm sure it will interest me again. Yep, I'm not blessed with the virture of patience. Have to stay busy to keep the demons in check! Soooooo, on to building my 2011 Limited gun. Good luck with the frames! I'll be keeping up with your progress.
Best,
s45

#342 ·
Since I didn't have the patience to read all 14 pages, please forgive me if this has been asked.

Since, as has been discussed on here before, "the frame is the gun", are these going to have to ship through a FFL?

#346 ·
J.R. "Sorry MY BAD" I had WAY too much coffee that day (didnt mean to be an A.H.), But in my defense I did find a NEW CCF frame in stainless for way under $300.00 on sale on the net just prior to writing that silly statement, and I like how a heavy weight gun hangs on target durring rapid fire (one of my nit picks with my G23), however even though Ive read a number of test reveiws of the CCF frames. . . I hadnt heard the other negatives you mentioned before so thanks for the update. I do really like your concept of a built in tunable laser sight, closer to vertical grip angle (Ala 1911) and I do kinda have small hands to the point of constantly wishing for a much smaller grip frame and I will definitely be looking forward to the G23 offering when available (I want one! even if its not heavy the way I like it), and if you really wanna make me happier than a baby in a barrel full of pacifiers . . offer a trigger systym for my glock that feels like a Para LDA trigger system and offer the whole thing out the door under $400.00 and my dreams will have come true! but untill then (the G23 offering) I guess I'll just keep on dreaming.
Thanks J.R.
Peace

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.