close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

Welcome to Glock Talk

Why should YOU join our Glock forum?

• Converse with other Glock Enthusiasts
  • Learn about the latest hunting products
  • Becoming a member is FREE and EASY

If you consider yourself a beginner or an avid shooter, the Glock Talk community is your place to discuss self defense, concealed carry, reloading, target shooting, and all things Glock.

Lone Wolf Dist Launches New Glock Receiver

Discussion in 'Sponsor Showcase' started by Eric, Oct 26, 2008.

1. Batesmotel

Batesmotel

Apr 5, 2007
    Utah
    You don't have short fingers then. I can shoot a 1911 OK but anything as fat as a glock is hard for me to get a grip on. I think Glock is Ok for the average size hand but if your hand is small it puts the backstrap way out on the thumb not in the center of the web.

2. David_Ely

David_Ely GAP'r

Jul 3, 2008
    Okemos, MI
    That exactly what I have to do to fire a Glock, put the backstrap out on my thumb and not in the web of my hand. I'm interested in this new frame as well for my G17. Now to sit and wait for it to hit the market. . . . .

3. KingsideRook

KingsideRook

Feb 14, 2009
    Just found a G17, now to get the LWD frame I really want! Here's hoping for a quick delivery.

4. scratchy wilson

scratchy wilson Silver Member

Jun 25, 2005
    How's it coming along? Still look like end of the month release?

5. JR

JR Moderator Millennium Member

Dec 29, 1998
    Oldtown Idaho USA
    Due to an unforeseen problem with the mold maker we have run into a delay regarding general production of the Timberwolf replacement frame. This situation is going to cost us at least another 2 to 3 weeks. Unfortunately we may not be able to deliver the frame at the NRA meeting held in Phoenix this May 15-17. Please be assured, we will have prototypes on hand for your inspection however general delivery may not be an option. We will see how this situation plays out and I plan to keep you updated.

Now for the good news. This delay will put us on the fast track for proving the Timberwolf system. I need to get 100,000 rounds of 9/40/357/45GAP ammunition through the initial production frames as fast as possible. This is a huge time consuming and expensive task, but I have a great idea to resolve it. Maybe you would like to be a part of the solution? Very soon I will be making a very special offer to 100 GT members.

How would you like to pick up a first run Timberwolf replacement frame for $75.00? Unbelievable you say? What do you have to do to get in on this deal? All you need to do is promise to assemble the frame using your Glock pistol for parts and shoot 1,000 rounds through the gun the same week you receive it. Get back to me with a detailed range report (I will provide) and consider your promise fulfilled. As an extra bonus I plan to manufacture the first 100 frames using a very special serial number that will instantly make these a collectors item.

Don't email me regarding this offer. Don't PM me for more information. I will get back to you guys and lay it all out very soon. If you think you are interested and you currently own a 3rd generation Glock 17,17L,22,24,31,34,35,37 pistol you are half way qualified to take part of this special offer. All you need to do is make sure you have 1,000 rounds of ammunition for the range test and visit your local FFL dealer to verify he is willing to receive the Timberwolf frame and transfer to you.

6. slate mike

slate mike

Feb 18, 2007
    GRANVILLE,NY
    I've got the 1000 rds, 3rd gen 17 and FFL. Love to sign up!

7. smokey45

smokey45

Aug 23, 2004
    Central Time Zone
    Hell yes! Sign me up!!!! I'll put a thousand rounds thru it in a day! I have both the stock and Lone Wolf barrels for my a 3rd gen mdl 17 and 22.

S45

Last edited: Apr 20, 2009
  8. zenmanxxx

zenmanxxx

Mar 5, 2009
    Damascus, MD
    I would love to help out on this project. I've got the thousand rounds of .40 and a G35 and G24C. Take your pick of which slide you would like tested on it.

Best of luck on getting this frame out!

9. QNman

QNman resU deretsigeR Silver Member

Oct 5, 2005
    St. Louis, MO
    If a second gen 22 counts, I've got the ammo! Count me IN!!

ETA: Read it again... Oh well. If the $75 frame will include the laser option, I will buy a 22 just to include for the testing!!

I belong to a private range and I have more than 1,000 rounds of .40 sitting ready.

10. blboyd

blboyd

Dec 20, 2002
    Conroe, TX
    I've got 3rd Geb 22's and 23's plus a couple cases of .40 sitting ready to unload.

I'm definetly game for this deal!

Brandon

11. scratchy wilson

scratchy wilson Silver Member

Jun 25, 2005
    :bowdown:

12. tlafrance

tlafrance Missing AZ

Feb 5, 2001
    Connecticut
    All over it, 1k 9mm already loaded and waiting. Can provide photo and video of the event as well:supergrin:

Tom LaFrance
    PHX, AZ

13. 45reloader

45reloader Live Free

Feb 18, 2009
    PA South East
    The thread is so long did LWD say they are going to make a G19/23 frame soon?

14. BuckyP

BuckyP Lifetime Member

Feb 1, 2005
    PA
  15. GunQuest

GunQuest NRA Member

Oct 15, 2002
    New York
    count me in!!!

16. Total_Recoil

Total_Recoil

Oct 27, 2005
    Count me in, got the ammo, and my FFL has me on speed dial, or just about :whistling:

17. AnchorArmament

AnchorArmament

Feb 26, 2008
    We are really excited about this frame. Myself and one of my partners have the means to test the frame out extensively. We are an FFL and would like to stock these frame.

Please keep us posted.

18. Xrunner

Xrunner Running Man

Sep 15, 2003
    Colorado
    Glock... check.
    Ammo.... check.
    FFL... check.

Looking forward to the details. :)

19. yO B

yO B

Mar 2, 2004
    I'm going out to buy one of the guns listed so I can have fun. I called in sick so I'd have time to make the ammo.

Check.

20. KingsideRook

KingsideRook

Feb 14, 2009
    I can and will do this. Period. I work for a gun store that receives for me, have a recent G17, have the ammo on hand, can provide pictures of all of the above, and have done range tests before. Please, count me in, I will give you data-per-round if you need it. I would be delighted to get you your data for the chance to test one of these early.