Glock Talk banner

Lone Wolf Dist Launches New Glock Receiver

494K views 2K replies 339 participants last post by  LWD Armorer 
#1 ·
Hi folks. JR, from Lone Wolf Distributing, contacted me recently about a new series of Glock polymer receivers they are producing. He asked if we would like to have this new product announced here on GT first. This is the first big product release ever announced first on our site and I am excited about this product. I can't wait to get my hands on one.

At any rate, there isn't much info available on the receiver yet, but JR sent me a screen capture of a catalog page on the receiver that will be released soon. Here it is:

To make the picture bigger, click on the image and then click on the '+' symbol, in the upper left corner of the viewing window, to enlarge it. EP

Here is the text deswcription, from the catalog page:

Based on decades of experience with Glock pistols and feedback from thousands of shooters, Lone Wolf Distributors proudly presents the first of the Wolf Pack Series of custom replacement Glock polymer frames. Rather than "tweaking" the factory Glock frame, Lone Wolf R&D began with the human hand, designing Wolf Pack frames for maximum ergonomic efficiency, speed and certainty in handling and enhancement of instinctive pointing characteristics. Whether employed as a replacement frame of an existing Glock, or used as a superb chassis for building a totally custom pistol, from Lone Wolf Distributors' quality parts and accessories, this frame creates a vastly improved mating between the shooter and the handgun.

Feather-light and tank-tough, it offers the smallest grip circumference possible - not just for small hands, but for all hands - sculpted to encourage a fast, high grip, with an extended beavertail to eliminate 'slide bite'. The round, improved magazine release speeds ejection, while the flared and beveled mag well aids in rapid reloads. Two interchangeable back straps offer either a flatter 1911-style grip, or a palm swell, and refined finger grooves allow subtle adjustment of grip alignment. Posi-trac checkering grip alignment front and rear make for a solid grasp under wet conditions and rapid-fire recoil. The rounded trigger guard smoothes reholstering. Finally, a protected slide stop prevents accidental engagement, and the multi-spec rail system allows a mounting of either Picatinny or Weaver accessories.

Refined, rugged, and ready for the most imaginative and demanding shooters, the Wolf Pack series matches up with Glock models 17, 17L, 22, 24, 31, 34 35. Contact Lone Wolf today and let your imagination run wolf-wild!

Attachments

See less See more
Reactions: eb07
#278 ·
How would you like to pick up a first run Timberwolf replacement frame for $75.00? Unbelievable you say? What do you have to do to get in on this deal? All you need to do is promise to assemble the frame using your Glock pistol for parts and shoot 1,000 rounds through the gun the same week you receive it. Get back to me with a detailed range report (I will provide) and consider your promise fulfilled. As an extra bonus I plan to manufacture the first 100 frames using a very special serial number that will instantly make these a collectors item.
Glock... check.
Ammo.... check.
FFL... check.

Looking forward to the details. :)

#280 ·
How would you like to pick up a first run Timberwolf replacement frame for $75.00? Unbelievable you say? What do you have to do to get in on this deal? All you need to do is promise to assemble the frame using your Glock pistol for parts and shoot 1,000 rounds through the gun the same week you receive it. Get back to me with a detailed range report (I will provide) and consider your promise fulfilled. As an extra bonus I plan to manufacture the first 100 frames using a very special serial number that will instantly make these a collectors item.

Don't email me regarding this offer. Don't PM me for more information. I will get back to you guys and lay it all out very soon. If you think you are interested and you currently own a 3rd generation Glock 17,17L,22,24,31,34,35,37 pistol you are half way qualified to take part of this special offer. All you need to do is make sure you have 1,000 rounds of ammunition for the range test and visit your local FFL dealer to verify he is willing to receive the Timberwolf frame and transfer to you.
I can and will do this. Period. I work for a gun store that receives for me, have a recent G17, have the ammo on hand, can provide pictures of all of the above, and have done range tests before. Please, count me in, I will give you data-per-round if you need it. I would be delighted to get you your data for the chance to test one of these early.

#281 ·
I have 1K rounds of .40 180gn. If it will endure that, it will endure anything. And I'm a street cop with means to recommend replacing guns, instructor, etc.

Have an FFL that can make it happen. Can photographs and document the torture test.

I'm game.

#285 ·
We will have the original prototyped produced in February available at the NRA show in Phoenix Arizona this May 15th -17th.
Unfortunately the regular run of the Timberwolf frame will not be available until late this month.
I am still working out the details for the prototype offer. Should be able to make it happen after the show.

#286 ·
I'd be very willing to help too. I have several 1,000 9mm rounds and a 34 and 17 to test. My FFL is always willing to accept transfers. I have SLR camera gear to photo document the test. I shoot IPSC and steel, so I would be willing to put this frame through a few matches.

I am also a Police Detective and would be able to bring this frame to departmental range training's to get additional input from cops (all of whom carry Glocks).

#290 ·
dont like wont buy. why buy a glock and then change everything?? you people rip on people that put in a ss guide rod and now you all want to change the reciever? i think people are just in love with the newest and gratest thing. DUDE ITS A GLOCK leave it alone
At least someone thinks the Glock really is perfect!!!!:wow:
s45

#293 ·
Seems like those of us in the Seattle area could get together, pool resources and wring out the frame. Good documentation, videotaping, photos, etc.

Just a thought JR.

#294 ·
We will have the original prototyped produced in February available at the NRA show in Phoenix Arizona this May 15th -17th.
Unfortunately the regular run of the Timberwolf frame will not be available until late this month.
I am still working out the details for the prototype offer. Should be able to make it happen after the show.
I'm your guy :) Former Mechanical Engineer, QA/QC experience, 6 Sigma BB, now professional photographer. Might be able to do it next few weeks but depends on several things....

#296 · (Edited)
I will sign up for a first run frame test. I have far more rounds (assorted grains, bullet-types, etc., and more than 1000 rounds in each) than the required number on hand. I have access to several ranges and an FFL. My Lone Wolf customer number is 40064 - you can see that I have several LWD barrels, slides, internals, stock barrels, can run it with or without the LWD compensator, different weight springs, etc., if you like. I also bought the LWD ported G26 - my record will indicate that I am a fan and user of LWD merchandise. My stock slides only have a few hundred rounds through them. I have the training to be objective (PM me if you want more info on this). I can document reliably with 15-MP photo/video; can do indoor and outdoor shooting.

I am ambivalent to the frame. I like my stock Glock frames just fine, but I also like to try new things to see how they work. Among the several ranges, shoots, strangers and friends that I shoot with, I tend to be the one that starts a conversation and tries the new gadgets. I rarely negatively criticize shooters or equipment, but I also state my opinion and experience freely. I am a member of a research panel and I know the importance and tact of keeping new products confidential until final products are ready for distribution to the masses.

I look forward to this opportunity. Please count me in. Feel free to reach me here or through the info attached to my account at your business.

#298 ·
Put me on the list!! I want a G31 frame...I have the ammo. I would love to be the first to wring it out in 357Sig!!

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.