Lone Wolf Dist Launches New Glock Receiver

Discussion in 'The SHOT ShowCase' started by Eric, Oct 26, 2008.

1. thats pretty cool. I could use a new frame for my 2nd gen g22.

Wanna kill these ads? We can help!
  2. APD

APD Trunk Monkey

Hijacking a bit, how did those metal frames do in sales (GCF or GFC)?

I have not seen 1 firsthand but did they sell enough to make any money off of them?

3. Looking forward to see if they'll make various frame sizes eventually.

4. Can we assume it has an internal steel skeleton integral with steel slide rails similar to OEM frames? Pricing?

K

5. Nice frame, but, sadly, not legal for competition in IDPA.

6. happyguy

happyguy Man, I'm Pretty

How much?

Regards,
    Happyguy :)

7. SouthpawShootr

SouthpawShootr NRA Life Member

I'll get excited about it when I have one in my hand.

This considering that one vendor is already attempting this in alloy and stainless - and meeting with mixed (at best) results - and that lots of stuff in this industry gets announced then 2 years down the line somebody tucks their tails between their legs and says "sorry" (Kimber anybody?).

8. Bullman

Bullman Deranged Deputy

I wonder if they will make one for the 20 and 21, that is where grip reduction really shines.

9. revel8

revel8 hedgehog

what did kimber do that you are referring to if you dont mind me asking

also, standard magazines , single or double stack ?

10. Chad Landry

Chad Landry Cajunator®
    CLM

It looks like someone may be on the way to perfecting "Perfection". ;)

:thumbsup:

11. APD

APD Trunk Monkey

$299 I think.

Heck yeah. The smaller frame gives me no probs but I bet many folks would love a slimmer 20 or 21 (waaaay slimmer than the SF).

12. SouthpawShootr

SouthpawShootr NRA Life Member

Kimber KDP. Their entry into the overcrowded plastic fantastic category. Advertised it for 2 years. Then all of the sudden they shelved it. Said they were not going to produce it. That's just the lastest example.

Another one: Taurus, when they first introduced the PT1911, said in their ads for quite some time that models in 9mm and .40 were forthcoming. Then all mention of other calibers ceased appearing in their ads. We won't even mention commander sized guns.

I can probably think of more.

Now, don't get me wrong, if LWD makes one, I'll probably take a hard look at it. I can practically guarantee I'll buy if the frame is available in the G19 sized frame.

13. Why? This seems like an answer to a question nobody asked.

Glock frames only last about 500,000 rounds. Thats only several hundred thousand dollars worth of ammo. I guess some people just have to blow money on something.

14. What's with the small protruding "bump" at the top of the backstrap? Just curious.

15. Do it yourself grip reductions without fear.

If it works, great.

If you mess up, you wanted to buy optional frame anyhow.

16. DriBak

DriBak GUNS UP
    Millennium Member

It looks ugly to me, I smell a lawsuit and predict that production will be limited. Anyone else remember "New Coke":upeyes: But that's just my .02
    It is very neat that this site was chosen to debut the frame. That is what is so great about this Country :)

17. jtmac

jtmac Señor Member

That looks beautiful. As much of a fan of Glocks as I am, I don't shoot them. The ergonomics are all wrong for me. That, though... THAT looks like it'll work!

Do want!

18. That's nice. That's real fine engineering.
    I'll keep an eye on it over the years and see how it goes.
    For now my Austrian stuff works, and I've already got a good laser sight mounted on and fully seperate from the working of my sidearm.
    No sale. But I'm watching with interest. :drillsgt:

19. Why the hell would they put finger-grooves on it? Got no use for a BT grip either.

20. I think it's the activation "button" for the optional laser???????????????