close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

Lone Wolf Dist Launches New Glock Receiver

Discussion in 'The SHOT ShowCase' started by Eric, Oct 26, 2008.

1. NitLion

NitLion
    Expand Collapse

got nothing but time...will wait patiently for that g31 frame!!

Wanna kill these ads? We can help!
  2. jonm61

jonm61
    Expand Collapse

Since I didn't have the patience to read all 14 pages, please forgive me if this has been asked.

Since, as has been discussed on here before, "the frame is the gun", are these going to have to ship through a FFL?

3. MAP

MAP
    Expand Collapse

Yes, FFL transfer required

4. forlornwarrior

forlornwarrior
    Expand Collapse

Forgive me if this has already been asked, but is Lone Wolf considering a frame for the 26/27 size?

5. RottnJP

RottnJP
    Expand Collapse
    Lifetime Member

Those come after the 20/21's..... Right JR? C'mon, you know you want to... ;)

6. N.D.Glock23

N.D.Glock23
    Expand Collapse

J.R. "Sorry MY BAD" I had WAY too much coffee that day (didnt mean to be an A.H.), But in my defense I did find a NEW CCF frame in stainless for way under $300.00 on sale on the net just prior to writing that silly statement, and I like how a heavy weight gun hangs on target durring rapid fire (one of my nit picks with my G23), however even though Ive read a number of test reveiws of the CCF frames. . . I hadnt heard the other negatives you mentioned before so thanks for the update. I do really like your concept of a built in tunable laser sight, closer to vertical grip angle (Ala 1911) and I do kinda have small hands to the point of constantly wishing for a much smaller grip frame and I will definitely be looking forward to the G23 offering when available (I want one! even if its not heavy the way I like it), and if you really wanna make me happier than a baby in a barrel full of pacifiers . . offer a trigger systym for my glock that feels like a Para LDA trigger system and offer the whole thing out the door under $400.00 and my dreams will have come true! but untill then (the G23 offering) I guess I'll just keep on dreaming.
    Thanks J.R.
    Peace

7. Kolat

Kolat
    Expand Collapse

I liked the LWD frame that I held so much that I've been looking for a good deal on an upper assembly to go with it since I held one :)

JR - can I come up and drool over your shop one weekend?

T

8. m4arc

m4arc
    Expand Collapse

According to JR the frame runs are as follows:

1. 17/22
    2. 19/23
    3. 20/21

Based on that I would assume there are no plans for a G26/27 sized frame.

9. MAP

MAP
    Expand Collapse

JR, any news? Sorry to be so impatient. How about some new pics?

Thanks,

Mike

10. Bullman

Bullman
    Expand Collapse
    Deranged Deputy

Me too, recently thinking about getting a 23 and the other day I thought about just doing it your way, buy a piece at a time, make it a little more affordable for me. If I start with the slide first, will I have a frame before too much longer?

11. JR

JR
    Expand Collapse
    Moderator Millennium Member

No good news yet but we should have something very soon.

12. fbrown

fbrown
    Expand Collapse

Hey JR,

Please sign me up for the frame testing. I have four hundred rounds ready and more on the way.

Best regards,

Fred

13. dtrosch

dtrosch
    Expand Collapse

Guys, on the below pic, does it look the the beveled nose on the LW slide doesn't match up with the new LW squared frame (2 toned example, not the long slide)? Seems a shame if this is what winds up in full production for the frame without a beveled option...

[​IMG]

14. JR

JR
    Expand Collapse
    Moderator Millennium Member

Old pic.... issue resolved awhile ago

15. quirartefamily1

quirartefamily1
    Expand Collapse

JR any word on the frames?

16. Beware Owner

Beware Owner
    Expand Collapse
    NOT a victim.

Hey, I would like to know, from looking at that pic, would we have to change the spring rod when adding a comp to the gun?

17. True Punisher

True Punisher
    Expand Collapse
    Light 'em up!

By the looks of the pictures, is it safe to assume that you will NOT be making a backstrap that will make the grip the same size as the current Glock frame? Pictures look like a "small" or "medium" type back strap.

I don't mind the normal Glock size and I would like to install a magwel, but if the grip size is not the same (or can be made the same) as a Glock frame I don't think any magwel would fit... that would force me back to buying a stock Glock and working from there to build a competition pistol.

Sorry if this has been talked about before.

18. LWD Armorer

LWD Armorer
    Expand Collapse

“spring rod”… Do you mean guide rod and recoil spring?
    It depends on the caliber and the ammo you are going to run through the comp. If you are going to use weaker ammo, you will need a lighter recoil spring.

19. Beware Owner

Beware Owner
    Expand Collapse
    NOT a victim.

Yeah, that. :supergrin: .357 Sig and .45 ACP. I read somewhere that you'd have to use a metal guide rod, any truth to this? And, no, if I'm using a comp, it's not because I'm going to push weaker ammo through it...

20. LWD Armorer

LWD Armorer
    Expand Collapse

A metal guide rod is not required, it makes it easier if you want to change spring weight but you do not need to have one when using our comps.