close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

Welcome to Glock Talk

Why should YOU join our Glock forum?

• Converse with other Glock Enthusiasts
  • Learn about the latest hunting products
  • Becoming a member is FREE and EASY

If you consider yourself a beginner or an avid shooter, the Glock Talk community is your place to discuss self defense, concealed carry, reloading, target shooting, and all things Glock.

Lone Wolf Dist Launches New Glock Receiver

Discussion in 'The SHOT ShowCase' started by Eric, Oct 26, 2008.

1. Total_Recoil

Total_Recoil

Oct 27, 2005
    where will the laser project from? The side like the crimson trace? I think a new frame makes more sense for the 45/10 frames due to their fat grips, SF = still fat, but I guess the 9/40/357/GAP frames is where most of the market is:(

2. TexasPOff

TexasPOff "Dump The Hump"

Jun 13, 2006
    Texas
    Im with ND...Im just waiting on the 23/19 sized frames and then im all in. Keep us posted JR.

3. doodi1

doodi1

Dec 18, 2008
    Reston Virginia
    I'll definttely try it when it comes out. If I like the results, I'll go for the G21 and G19/23 version when they come out. Damn, I got to stock up on some more mags for these future guns!:cool:

4. 1811guy

1811guy Formerly1811guy2

May 1, 2001
    I just purchased 10 G22 mags. I plan on getting the lower with one of the custom G35 slides.:supergrin:

5. JR

JR Moderator Millennium Member

Dec 29, 1998
    Oldtown Idaho USA
    The (totally optional) laser will be mounted on the upper RH side of the frame. It is very similar to the CT grip system except it is mounted directly to the frame. Yes it features a fully adjustable beam and the battery power is located in the grip.

I am out of here on my way to SHOT Show. We will be revealing 6 working prototypes of the new LWD "Timberwolf" Glock replacement frame. This is the first time they will be shown anywhere. Will return from SHOT the 20th and start working on the main production. Hopefully they will be available for delivery in April. If you are lucky enough to attend the show please stop by and check out the frames. Maybe even snap a few pics for the other GT members to enjoy? Oh yeah, and check out the rest of our line up.

Breaking news..... Did I forget to mention we will have a reduced size AR that accepts Glock mags? No blocks to mess with I am talking a true receiver built to accept Glock mags "straight up". More on that when I return!

6. 1811guy

1811guy Formerly1811guy2

May 1, 2001
    Please tell me you will be making the frame without the laser and button. Not having that option would definitely break the deal for me.

7. BOGE

BOGE Millennium Member

Mar 21, 1999

8. do you have any pics?:wavey:

9. JR

Dec 29, 1998
    Oldtown Idaho USA
    1811guy2 If you choose the "The (totally optional) laser" it would require an activation button in the grip. If you did not want the laser there would be no reason for the button.

Maybe I could get a few pics next week?

10. SIGSAREBETTER

SIGSAREBETTER Teh Pieman

Jun 28, 2002
    Tacoma, Washington
    Baby Jesus called, he asked me to relay that he and others (like me) REALLY want that G20 frame sooner than later. ;) The day it's avail. I'll pony up the dough.

Also, if you need beta testers....well....;)

11. 1811guy

1811guy Formerly1811guy2

May 1, 2001
    Optional is good, pics are even better. Thanks! Money is already set aside.

12. Nestor

Nestor Lean & Mean

Jul 13, 2003
    Canada
    You know JR, I'm hanging around since 2003, but if You guys will start with the new frame I may even buy G17 :supergrin:

13. crosse

crosse Caped Crusader

Jul 25, 2004
    W. Wash
    oh my my. Gonna get a brand new 37 with hopes that this lower is out for production soon.

14. tlafrance

tlafrance Missing AZ

Feb 5, 2001
    Connecticut
    I held the holy grail at the SAR show in PHX in Dec. Worth the wait, worth the expense, be patient. The laser is craftily integrated into the frame on the right side, so it should not require holster modification. I use sights exclusively and have no real use for a laser, however it is unique and well thought out. I'm waiting for the G20/21 frame next year so I can finally build my .38 Super Glock, the gun Gaston SHOULD have introduced years ago:supergrin: Sincere thanks to the folks at LW for all the hard work and dedication that has gone into this project:cheers:

Tom

15. Bullman

Bullman Deranged Deputy

Oct 11, 2003
    SW Virginia
    Interesting, I have thought about a crimson trace for my G22 but it won't fit in a safariland raptor due to the hood, I wonder if this would be any different?

16. oldtexan

oldtexan

Jul 15, 2005
    Texas
    JR,

Great info. Thanks for spending the time to share this with us.

One question about the optional laser: will it have a master on/off switch, and if so where on the frame will that switch be located?

Many thanks.

17. JR

Dec 29, 1998
    Oldtown Idaho USA
    The laser is optional and can be installed any time. We use the removable grip as a power source. There is a master switch located on the grip. This laser system rides high and will NOT interfere with any holster we are aware of.

18. Taz

Taz

Feb 22, 2000
    Round Rock, TX, USA
    Looks very promising. Would love to see a super slim 20/21 frame topped off with a 20/21T and either in 10mm or 45ACP youd have a winner.

19. Ghostrider_911

Ghostrider_911 Ghostrider_911

Mar 23, 2008
    Atlanta, GA
    JR : Great job! Looking forward to seeing these.

The only thing I would like from an aesthetic point of view is some texture on the front of the trigger guard (not that it would serve much of a purpose) but keep it more in line with factory GLOCK frames.

How does the frame texture (overall) compare with a factory frame (not refering to the grip surfaces)? It looks a little smoother to me.

Otherwise - LW is answering a calling, something GLOCK didn't come to the table to do in the first place. I give it a high thumbs up!