close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

Lone Wolf Comp?

Discussion in 'GSSF' started by km625, Oct 15, 2012.

1. km625

km625
    Expand Collapse

2. malladus

malladus
    Expand Collapse
    Glock Whore

I ran one on my unlmited Model 34 for a little while, well when the gun would run. My experience may not be typical however. It works really good from what limited time I ran it on the gun, however because I was using a 34 the mass of the comp caused issues with the gun cycling when I had a CMORE mount on it. Take off the mount or the comp and the gun ran fine, put both on and jam-o-matic. Not the comp's fault though. I did run it for awhile with-out the dot and mount and it was pretty nice. The weight makes the gun point a little weird over using an aluminum comp.

I don't think other then the weight issue that it seemed any more effective then a more traditional looking comp.

malladus

3. SARDG

SARDG
    Expand Collapse

km625- malladus' experience is not unusual. These raceguns of course, don't run 'out of the box' and not only require hardware tuning, but often ammo selection & development to reach their potential. Do you roll your own ammo?

4. km625

km625
    Expand Collapse

I load all of my 9 and 45. Figured 90-115 grain 9mm bullets
    loaded hot would be a good start.

km

5. SARDG

SARDG
    Expand Collapse

I developed a 124gr at 1052fps for G34 racer, which isn't near as hot as the factory 124 Blazer I shot previously that also worked - and my load is a noticeably softer shooter. I shoot 147s in my stock Glocks but they wouldn't run the 34. I was still looking for a heavy(ish) bullet and fast powder for the racer and developed a pretty good alternative to the 147s.