close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

Welcome to Glock Talk

Why should YOU join our Glock forum?

• Converse with other Glock Enthusiasts
  • Learn about the latest hunting products
  • Becoming a member is FREE and EASY

If you consider yourself a beginner or an avid shooter, the Glock Talk community is your place to discuss self defense, concealed carry, reloading, target shooting, and all things Glock.

Lone Wolf Comp?

Discussion in 'GSSF' started by km625, Oct 15, 2012.

1. km625

km625

Sep 26, 2005
    Upper NYS
  2. malladus

malladus Glock Whore

Oct 24, 2006
    Dallas, TX
    I ran one on my unlmited Model 34 for a little while, well when the gun would run. My experience may not be typical however. It works really good from what limited time I ran it on the gun, however because I was using a 34 the mass of the comp caused issues with the gun cycling when I had a CMORE mount on it. Take off the mount or the comp and the gun ran fine, put both on and jam-o-matic. Not the comp's fault though. I did run it for awhile with-out the dot and mount and it was pretty nice. The weight makes the gun point a little weird over using an aluminum comp.

I don't think other then the weight issue that it seemed any more effective then a more traditional looking comp.

malladus

3. km625- malladus' experience is not unusual. These raceguns of course, don't run 'out of the box' and not only require hardware tuning, but often ammo selection & development to reach their potential. Do you roll your own ammo?

4. km625

km625

Sep 26, 2005
    Upper NYS
    I load all of my 9 and 45. Figured 90-115 grain 9mm bullets
    loaded hot would be a good start.

km

5. I developed a 124gr at 1052fps for G34 racer, which isn't near as hot as the factory 124 Blazer I shot previously that also worked - and my load is a noticeably softer shooter. I shoot 147s in my stock Glocks but they wouldn't run the 34. I was still looking for a heavy(ish) bullet and fast powder for the racer and developed a pretty good alternative to the 147s.