close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

Lone wolf barrels

Discussion in 'General Glocking' started by kb5601, Mar 17, 2012.

1. kb5601

kb5601

Hey everybody, just read on the Lone Wolf site that the replacement barrel MAY experience feed problems with the 13 cap mags...
    Does or has anyone had a problem and if so whats the fix?
    They recommend going to the 10 cap mags

Thanks in advance for your reply...
    KB

Oh BTW its a 21 SF...

2. voyager4520

voyager4520 -----

You're talking about the G21 400 Corbon conversion barrel?

I don't think I've ever personally heard from someone who's done that conversion. It wouldn't surprise me that you'd have to use the 10 round magazines through.

3. kb5601

kb5601

Voyager, You ever done something boneheaded... I apologize...I was looking at the 400 corbon barrel, But then you knew that already... I'm just getting the stock stainless barrel... mouth in overdrive... Brain in neutral
    Thanks KB

4. voyager4520

voyager4520 -----

I've never heard of someone having problems with the standard 13 round magazines while using a Lone Wolf G21 .45ACP barrel.

It's rare, but some people have reported failures to feed using factory ammo with the Lone Wolf barrel, while the same ammo and magazines work perfectly with the factory Glock barrel. Lone Wolf barrels have a tighter chamber than factory Glock barrels, some people have sent the Lone Wolf barrel back to have the chamber widened slightly for more reliable feeding.

Last edited: Mar 17, 2012
  5. cole

cole Millennium Member

My LWD .45acp barrel ran fine on my 21sf.

6. abq87120

abq87120

I have a G23 and optionally shoot it with the 40-9 LWD conversion. When my gun was new, it had issues shooting WWB 115g 9mm. Per LWD's FAQ at that time, I changed to 124g bullets and that solved the problem. The recoil spring has a couple of cases of .40 over it now and 115g 9mm Fed, a low power round, shoots just fine. I have read recently on LWD's site that a mag or two (or three) of +P will also take care of this problem.

I also had a stock G30SF a few years ago that was a mother to get the first round chambered using the stock mags. Very tight to load the last round in the mag also. I ended up pounding that last round in with my hand and an Uplula. I would feel something crunch in there. About 15 times doing this and whatever was catching in the mag got worn down. I could load it much more like loading my other Glock mags then. I eventually sold it for the G23 above. Couldn't hide it with what I had to wear.

I now have the LWD 40-9 conversion and the 357 Sig barrels for the G23. Both shoot just fine with no other mods. Except 9mm mags.

Don't know if any of this helps but may give you a place to start experimenting.

Last edited: Mar 18, 2012
  7. cole

cole Millennium Member

Off topic, but this is a solution with new G30 mags:
    Glock 30: Tight Mags? Put a Clamp on Them

8. kb5601

kb5601

Thanks Everyone for your reply and input...
    As i stated, I miss-read the LWD website.
    Oh but one of a few mistakes i make from time to time...I am human
    Yall keep me straight will ya...
    KB