close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

Welcome to Glock Talk

Why should YOU join our Glock forum?

• Converse with other Glock Enthusiasts
  • Learn about the latest hunting products
  • Becoming a member is FREE and EASY

If you consider yourself a beginner or an avid shooter, the Glock Talk community is your place to discuss self defense, concealed carry, reloading, target shooting, and all things Glock.

Lone Wolf Barrel in a G26

Discussion in 'General Glocking' started by tedwhite, Jun 1, 2013.

1. tedwhite

tedwhite Millennium Member

Sep 26, 1999
    Bisbee Arizona USA
    When I realized Lone Wolf made a barrel this short I ordered one. I don't know, in retrospect, why I did. After all, a G26 is essentially a combat pistol for self defense so why put a match grade barrel in one?

Perhaps I did it just because I could. However, here's a problem I didn't anticipate: I buy (or trade something) lead reloads from a friend and they run just fine in stock Glock barrels but there's lots of controversy over the use of lead ammo in Glock barrels and I'd heard that wasn't a problem with the Lone Wolf barrels. But because the machining is more precise in them some of the reload rounds won't fully chamber as the casing has an almost imperceptible bulge. The dangers are obvious.

Fortunately they run fine in my Beretta Nano.

I guess I could send it back to Lone Wolf and ask them to ream it out a bit? Or should I leave it alone and just shoot factory ammo with it...

Last edited: Jun 1, 2013
  2. ronin.45

ronin.45

Apr 24, 2008
    NE OHIO
    Anything with a tight chamber is going to be less forgiving for out of spec rounds. I'd suggest your buddy resize a little better. Since you are most likely using the lead reloads for range use only, you could just use them to practice malfunctions.

3. Arnold Kuhl

Arnold Kuhl

Apr 15, 2013
    NE Tennessee
    I ordered a KKM match barrel, which is supposed to get to me next week. It's for my G21, primarily for shooting lead. If it's too tight, I'll still keep it, and shoot my lead loads in my Smith 625 .45ACP revolver. It eats anything and everything.

Good luck,

AK