close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

Welcome to Glock Talk

Why should YOU join our Glock forum?

• Converse with other Glock Enthusiasts
  • Learn about the latest hunting products
  • Becoming a member is FREE and EASY

If you consider yourself a beginner or an avid shooter, the Glock Talk community is your place to discuss self defense, concealed carry, reloading, target shooting, and all things Glock.

Lone Wolf Accessories- causing mis-feads

Discussion in 'Gunsmithing' started by rmyers2213, Aug 31, 2010.

1. rmyers2213

rmyers2213

Aug 2, 2010
    I just bought some Lone Wolf accessories (threaded barrel, compensator, guide rod and guide spring) and for some reason it is not feeding well. It does great when I shoot heavier loads/hollow points, but when I shoot reloads it doesn't feed after one shot without fail. I've tried shooting it with a 17 and 13 pound spring with the same results. If anyone has come across this problem or has any suggestions I would greatly appreciate it. Thanks in advance...

2. Pierre!

Pierre! NRA Life Member

Jun 20, 2003
    Lovin Sparks Nv!
    Easier to say with more data...

Caliber?
    Bullet weight? (115Gr is known to have issues)

What happens:
    Without the compensator attached?
    With the stock recoil assembly?
    With the stock barrel, and 17Lb spring?

Let us know what *exactly* was failing, and we might be able to help. When you begin applying "accessories" you are now the Engineer, and thus responsible... Take good notes on what happened, when, and why you think it happened...

Get us some info, and post again please!

HTH

3. Gokyo

Gokyo

Apr 24, 2005
    Washington
    Lonewolf chambers are very tight.

That may be the issue.

This is especially true with 40 S&W

Last edited: Sep 1, 2010
  4. pupcuss27

pupcuss27 CLM

May 13, 2007
    INDY, USA
    ^^This^^

Especially shooting reloads

Are your Glock barrels doing the same thing? I kinda doubt it. Find what will preform in your LW barrel setup and shoot the crap out of it.

More information is needed to really help you bro!

Pup

5. rmyers2213

rmyers2213

Aug 2, 2010
    Sorry for the lack of info. It is a G17 (9mm). My re-loads are 115 grain. Without the accessories on it shoots like a dream. I have shot thousands of the same rounds through my 26 and 19 without 1 misfead. I am getting a mis-fead literally every time I pull the trigger with the reloads. Not one when I shoot heavier loads/hollow points. I am wondering if it is something to do with the spring on the lighter loads??? Thanks in advance for the help... If anyone needs additional info that I am leaving out let me know...

6. cyrsequipment

cyrsequipment Angry

Aug 8, 2004
    Maine
    Are your 26 and 19 using LWD barrels? They do have tight chambers, maybe your reloads are slightly large.... but who knows.

7. ChrisJn

ChrisJn "Old Bill"

Dec 30, 2008
    Baldwin Co, Alabama
    Take the barrel out of the gun and test to see if a reload goes fully into the chamber. Try more than one. If it doesn't then there is your problem, your reloads. I take the view you should fix your reloads before fixing the barrel.
    If they fit ok then you'll have at least eliminated one possible cause.
    Hope this helps.

Last edited: Sep 1, 2010
  8. Pierre!

Pierre! NRA Life Member

Jun 20, 2003
    Lovin Sparks Nv!
    It used to be that 115gr Winchester White Box was a *major* failure with the Lone Wolf barrels. Lone Wolf does make them to match grade specs...

If you still have issues after chamber checking them (as suggested) then you can send them back to Lone Wolf to ream them out a bit... at least you used to be able to!

Before you get really REALLY frustrated, contact Lone Wolf. They are stand up business people and will absolutely work with real people... but don't put on your "AssHat" before you call em if you know what I mean... :cool:

Good Luck, and keep us posted!
    L8ter!

9. BHP9

BHP9

Nov 21, 2008
    God's Country.
    Put it back to stock and shoot it. Works OK?

Replace the barrel only and shoot it. Works OK?

Then replace 1 item at a time until it malfunctions, this will usually be the culprit.