close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

Welcome to Glock Talk

Why should YOU join our Glock forum?

• Converse with other Glock Enthusiasts
  • Learn about the latest hunting products
  • Becoming a member is FREE and EASY

If you consider yourself a beginner or an avid shooter, the Glock Talk community is your place to discuss self defense, concealed carry, reloading, target shooting, and all things Glock.

LOL! Checking In & Shakin' Head...

Discussion in 'Caliber Corner' started by ULVER, Oct 2, 2012.

1. ULVER

ULVER Dixie Rebel

Jan 8, 2001
    ATL., GA. USA
    OK. Sooooooooo what's the skinny on "Underwood" ammunition>? :dunno:

It was "Super Vel"~It was "CorBon"~It was "Magsafe"~It was "DoubleTap"~It was "Buffalo Bore"... :upeyes:

Please forgive me; after decades of testing S/D-L/E ammunition, I just am flamed out. :steamed:

"Caliber Debates" will never end. :embarassed: I still mainstain after all these years, a Glock 17 with +P 124gr. Gold Dots pretty-much is as good as it gets...:wavey:

"Underwood"---"flavor of the week">?

2. Clutch Cargo

Clutch Cargo Amsterdam Haze

Nov 29, 2010
    DFW
    9mm and up with a modern hollowpoint and it still comes down to what they did with lead bullets out of single action revolvers - practice to hit your target

3. unit1069

unit1069

Oct 10, 2007
    So. Central US
    I have no problem with competition, and it's nice that the Internet provides a great source of information not previously available to the general public.

I wish I could locate the excellent article on how Federal went from a niche company (a "boutique" ammo maker, if you will) to one of the major American ammo companies when Winchester's dominant position deteriorated when its quality control nosedived.

The same story can happen in any segment of the economy, and has throughout our history.

4. SCmasterblaster

SCmasterblaster Millennium Member

Sep 24, 1999
    Hartford, Vermont
    There is indeed a lot of competition for ammo buyers. :cool: