Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

Welcome to Glock Forum at

Why should YOU join our forums?

• Connect with other Glock Enthusiasts
  • Read up on the latest product reviews
  • Make new friends to go shooting with!
  • Becoming a member is FREE and EASY

Glock Talk is the #1 site to discuss the world’s most popular pistol, chat about firearms, accessories and more.

LODD:Massachusetts State Police

Discussion in 'Cop Talk' started by Ajon412, Jun 2, 2011.

1. And all the bastard got was a measly 2 1/2 years.

Godspeed, Troop. Prayers tonight.

2. This ass

hole should have gotten a far longer sentence. Where is the justice?
  3. 2 &1/2 years? What a ****ing joke. I'm thoroughly disgusted. How the hell does a group of people sit down and come to the conclusion that some POS nearly killing a woman, who had dedicated 23 years of her life to serving her state and its citizens, was worth 2.5 years?
    Last edited: Jun 2, 2011
  4. EOD3

Oct 19, 2000
    Remember the "free bullets" mentioned in another thread? :steamed:
  5. It's sadly ironic that the system, to which she had dedicated her life, was the same system that **** on her in the end. Justice huh? I guess that's the thanks you get for a job well done. No good deed goes unpunished. She must have done a lot of good in her day to deserve such a reprehensible show of appreciation.

God Bless. Rest in Peace.
  6. RetailNinja

Jan 31, 2007
    Not sure on this but, because she died as a result of her injuries, could new charges be leveled? I imagine a civil suit is surely in the works...
  7. MeefZah

MeefZah Cover is Code 3

Jan 2, 2008
    Lost Coast, Cali
  8. She was #76. FBI agent was #77, both today.

There is serious injustice to the laws pertaining to DUI offenders in our nation, not only for cops but citizens as well.
  9. Naelbis

Oct 22, 2009
    Since she died from injuries sustained in the crash I believe that they can refile against the defendant. Not 100% sure but I really hope they go back after the driver and hammer him this time. 2.5 years is a joke even before she died.
  10. Deployment Solu

Deployment Solu Kydex Crafter

Jul 18, 2007
    RIP Sister. My prayers are with your family.

Our Criminal Justice system needs a large enema!! 2 1/2 years?? Drunk, driving 90+mph, causing that kind of harm to another human being???? Sickening.
  11. Unbelievable. DWI is a national scourge but some people still refuse to see the seriousness of it.

RIP. Condolences to his surviving daughter.
  12. lethal tupperwa

lethal tupperwa

Aug 20, 2002
    vehicular homicide comes to mind
  13. RussP

RussP Moderator

Jan 23, 2003
    Central Virginia

Attached Files:

14. volsbear

volsbear IWannaBeSedated Lifetime Member

Nov 8, 2007
    Yes, they can refile. Whatever the ****** was convicted of previously is a different charge. The prosecutor should be ashamed. I wonder what the max was???
  15. Kadetklapp

Kadetklapp Methberry PD

Jan 2, 2007
    Oh trust me, watching the "wheels of justice" grind to a halt and go to lunch resulting in a measly 11 month sentence for a dope-slinging mope who kills a 22 year police veteran is no fun. It happens everywhere, not just Massachusetts. One of the wonderful things about "juries" who almost never have a clue what they are doing. Sheeple, pure and simple.
  16. volsbear

Nov 8, 2007
    Juries don't sentence people. Judges sentence people. Or dumbass prosecutors allow inappropriate pleas.
  17. DaBigBR

DaBigBR No Infidels!

Oct 28, 2005
    Circling the wagons.
    Double jeopardy.
  18. volsbear

Nov 8, 2007
    Depends on what the initial conviction was for.

If it was for something like Agg DUI, you can still charge him for the death of the trooper. We've had cases in Illinois where someone's behavior resulted in great bodily harm and they took a conviction for it. The victim later died as a result of the injuries and they re-indicted.
  19. Kadetklapp

Kadetklapp Methberry PD

Jan 2, 2007
    That's true, except juries hand out the convictions. Being charged with reckless homicide, and settling for a lesser charge of battery on a police officer didn't really leave the judge with any options. 11 months was the advisory sentence, 11 months was what he got. That being in the case of my father's death.