close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

Welcome to Glock Talk

Why should YOU join our Glock forum?

• Converse with other Glock Enthusiasts
  • Learn about the latest hunting products
  • Becoming a member is FREE and EASY

If you consider yourself a beginner or an avid shooter, the Glock Talk community is your place to discuss self defense, concealed carry, reloading, target shooting, and all things Glock.

Locking a program in full screen, keeping everything else away?

Discussion in 'Tech Talk' started by ToyotaMan, Dec 5, 2004.

1. ToyotaMan

ToyotaMan

Jun 6, 2000
    USA
    I've got a touch screen computer that I'm going to be using as a time clock interface for a small business. It runs Windows 2000.

My time clock program runs full screen, but I want to lock it in that position so that the rest of the computer cannot be accessed by pushing (shift + tab).

Any ideas on how to do this?

I can close the program myself when it is in full screen by using a password. I just don't want anyone else to be able to do it.

2. fastvfr

fastvfr Ancient Tech

Mar 28, 2001
    SW Oregon
    What's the name of the timeclock app?

Who made it?

Their website would be the first place to start searching, I believe.

Good luck!

3. Glock Bob

Glock Bob Snack Attack!!!

Aug 5, 2004
    Alabama
    The Kodak Digital Picture Maker actually does what you want to do. After Win 2k Pro boots up the main application starts up (from the startup folder) and goes full-screen (all the way, no Start bar or anything). The app has a password lock to exit. You can shut the app down before it loads (a DOS window pops up first) and use the computer as a pc, but without a password you can't exit out of the main program. The keyboard and mouse are stored out of customer access. Someone with the right software (like me) might be able to edit the program to not display the close box (X), if there is one.

4. 0100010

0100010 Millennium Member

Sep 15, 1999
    DFW