close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

Locals Pressure Wisconsin Store Owner Over Decision to Disallow CCW

Discussion in 'Carry Issues' started by LoadToadBoss, Jun 25, 2011.

1. LoadToadBoss

LoadToadBoss
    Expand Collapse
    IYAAYWOT

Locals Pressure Wisconsin Store Owner Over Decision to Disallow Concealed Carry

Read more: http://www.foxnews.com/us/2011/06/2...on-to-disallow-concealed-carry/#ixzz1QIxktG9d

Excuse me if I don't entrust my life to your store security procedures.

Wanna kill these ads? We can help!
    #1 LoadToadBoss, Jun 25, 2011
    Last edited: Jun 25, 2011
  2. Dragoon44

Dragoon44
    Expand Collapse
    Unfair Facist
    Lifetime Member

ahhh the usual "rights" activists who get so infuriated when someone else exercises their rights.

3. cowboywannabe

cowboywannabe
    Expand Collapse
    you savvy?

dont like the store's policy? dont spend your money there and give them the bad press if you can amoungst other ccw'ers.

4. Sheepdog Scout

Sheepdog Scout
    Expand Collapse
    Behind you!

It's simple if you don't like a stores policies, don't shop there. But leaving an angry message is the wrong thing to do. It's makes us all look bad. Tell them with your pocket book.

5. pipedreams

pipedreams
    Expand Collapse

So if you are conceal carrying who is to know. Don't know how the new Wisconsin law is written but in many states the most that can happen is they ask you to leave. If you don't they can call police and you could have problems. We have some local stores that have signs on their doors stating "No knives, guns or other weapons. You will ask to leave immediately". Interesting thing is one store sells all of the above. It is quite common to see men with folding knives in cases on their belts all the time and have never seen anyone ask to leave.

6. cfec2008

cfec2008
    Expand Collapse

I hope no one will give this store any business at all. Hopefully he will be bankrupt in a while and will close his doors and move to a communist country.

7. HexHead

HexHead
    Expand Collapse

Oh, here we go with that "make us look bad" crap. The bedwetters already consider us the enemy.

8. Tommy Hanrahan

Tommy Hanrahan
    Expand Collapse

Sure, but there's a lot of people who do not have a strong opinion one way or the other and it does "make us look bad". Why push them to the other side? Keep the weapon concealed, you retain your protection and nobody knows.

9. Brian Lee

Brian Lee
    Expand Collapse
    Drop those nuts

If "store procedure" amounted to something better than "cooperate fully with the man who's about to shoot you while waiting your turn to be shot", then maybe I'd be happy to abide by their store procedure.

My store procedure, is to only go to stores that allow people to do whatever they want for their own self defense.

10. cowboy1964

cowboy1964
    Expand Collapse

So he's considering OC for HALF OF HIS BUSINESS HOURS as an alternative? That makes no sense.

#10 cowboy1964, Jun 25, 2011
  11. CitizenOfDreams

CitizenOfDreams
    Expand Collapse

:goodpost:
    His store, his rules. No matter how much I like my rights, they do not trump his.

12. RenegadeGlocker

RenegadeGlocker
    Expand Collapse

My money, my rules and I am free to tell him and anyone else.

13. Shinesintx

Shinesintx
    Expand Collapse

Renegade wins!

14. geoemery

geoemery
    Expand Collapse

If he does want concealed carry, that is his problem. If guns are band in a store in Wisconsin, the store assumes all liability. If guns are allowed, then they are not liable. The addition liability insurance will kill him.

15. vista461

vista461
    Expand Collapse

I've been in there. The have quite the security guard, looks straight off the swat team complete with Uncle Mike thigh rig:whistling:
    I also think its funny he's already bringing this attn on himself, when as far as I know the bill hasn't been signed yet and won't go into effect until oct or nov.

#15 vista461, Jun 25, 2011
  16. Misty02

Misty02
    Expand Collapse

Are you certain of that? I haven’t read a law yet where the owner will assume any additional liability by forbidding weapons in their location.

17. geoemery

geoemery
    Expand Collapse

It was not more liable per say but a loss of liability protrection. It was in an article interview with some legal aid group in Milwaukee, I think it was in the Milwaukee paper. I certain it is correct because they had posted no guns allowed signs and were considering due to the liability. I thought it was humorous because they posted a sign to prevent guns when concealed carry is illegal and were thinking of taking them down when it was legal. The person interview was the former governor's sister.

#17 geoemery, Jun 25, 2011
  18. Misty02

Misty02
    Expand Collapse

As I understand it, no store (or employer for that matter) can be held liable for things that are beyond their control. Poor lighting, improper maintenance, not addressing known problems/risks and other things may come into play but I doubt that would include forbidding weapons.

While an attorney may attempt to make a case that a business increased the risk of customers being injured by criminals due to their no weapons policy, I’m not so sure that alone would work to place liability for his client’s injury on said owner. Maybe there is some case law out there where it has worked? It would definitely make some interesting reading. :)

19. NecoDude

NecoDude
    Expand Collapse

Okay - say I'm Mr. Dirtbag intending on robbing the store and harming employees and customers. I pattern the store and know exactly when OC is allowed, I learn I won't go in there during that time... say WHAT??? That's one of the most ridiculous things I've ever heard... well next to him not allowing CCW. Expressing your opinion with the wallet has changed a lot of silly store policies. If not, there's always someplace down the road.

20. Toorop

Toorop
    Expand Collapse

They were all over a thread in GNG about Texas destroying property owners rights by forcing them to allow people to keep guns in their cars. It is a sad state of affairs when people don't think property rights are real because they are not enumerated in the Bill of Rights.