Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

Welcome to Glock Forum at

Why should YOU join our forums?

• Reason #1
  • Reason #2
  • Reason #3

Site Description

loc box alternatives.

Discussion in 'Tactical Shotguns' started by jp 19, Mar 25, 2010.

1. jp 19

jp 19

Jun 11, 2000
    are there any good alternatives to the mossberg loc box for wall mounting my
    remington 870?

i have looked at the RAC and wondered about it... does anyone use one of these?

then there is the santa cruz
    seems a little to beefy and doesnt seem to enclose or disable the trigger.

the shotgun would be stored with the mag loaded chamber empty and slide locked. i would like the trigger covered or disabled with a pin.

2. FAS1

Dec 4, 2009
    San Antonio, TX
    I have been asked the same thing by several customers that like our handgun box and want something with a pushbutton lock so we are designing one and hope to be able to have it done in a couple months. Probably will cover the chamber and trigger and will double as a horizontal or vertical mount. It won't be in the same price range as the Loc-Box or Raclocked product.

3. hamster

hamster NRA Life Member

Feb 22, 2010
    What is your objection to the Loc-Box? BTW even though Mossberg says its out of stock, call them it is in stock.

I keep my shotgun in it with the mag loaded and the camber empty. The hook on the loc-box goes into the empty chamber (action), therefore even though the trigger is exposed, the gun cannot fire, nor can the slide be racked.
  4. faceplant

Feb 8, 2006
    I use the raclock and I like it. Mag loaded, chamber empty with the locking stud going thru the trigger guard. I have the barrel going through a metal hoop secured to the wall to keep the gun being used as a lever.
  5. FAS1

Dec 4, 2009
    San Antonio, TX
    I don't think a lot of people believe this type of lock is very secure.