LIVE: Shootout With Dorner

Discussion in 'Cop Talk' started by DaBigBR, Feb 12, 2013.

1. Perhaps I should have worded it better. I'm sure if it came to that, making the decision to shoot would easy. What I really meant was the officer having to deal with. I'm sure even if justified, knowing you've killed someone cannot be easy.

Wanna kill these ads? We can help!
  2. Mayhem like Me

Mayhem like Me Semper Paratus

True but that has to happen first.

3. I doubt there's any rush to put out the fire, at least I hope there isn't. No more good people need to die over this p.o.s.

4. My guess is he's already dead

5. I know that asphyxiation is usually the COD in fires, and I know that a gunshot was heard. I hope and pray; however, that he burns to death!

Posted using Outdoor Hub Campfire

6. Mayhem like Me

Mine as well.. Some root cellers are poured concrete I would dismantle with an armored vehicle after it cools

7. I'm at a bar for happy hour and they have it on FOX, the bartender asked why the firetrucks weren't there yet. I said the roadblocks are slowing them down :tbo: She didn't get it.

8. SCBA does not protect you from heat - and a house fire gets HOT.

9. Mayhem like Me

I would not count out any option, if there was a possibility of a root / storm cellar in that cabin I'm keeping a perimeter till we clear everything ..

10. Dukeboy01

Dukeboy01 Pretty Ladies!

Too soon? Not soon enough, if you ask me.

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Adgx9wt63NY&list=AL94UKMTqg-9Cr0HoTVfCw8S52WjDnkFSA"]Bloodhound Gang - Fire Water Burn - YouTube[/ame]

11. People quickly forget that a month ago, two volunteer firefighters were killed responding to a fire. Officers were fired on at another fire.

I'd be cautious letting my firefighters in as well.

12. Kingarthurhk

Kingarthurhk Isaiah 53:4-9

Nope. It sure wouldn't be.

13. steveksux

steveksux Massive Member

They warn you about keeping full tanks in a hot car, they can't handle pressure increase from tank heating up significantly. I imagine its even hotter than that in a house fire...

posted using Outdoor Hub Campfire

14. FiremanMike

FiremanMike Way too busy

I mean, flashbangs and gas grenades have been known to cause fires. I'm not implying it was intentional, but to immediately dismiss the idea that a flash bang or gas grenade could have lit the house off is a bit premature, don't you think?

15. The US Forest Service has access to 106mm Recoiless Rifles.

I couldn't think of a better use for them than right now.

16. Sam Spade

Lifetime Member

I'd say that a fire from CS inserted to the house is a distinct possibility.

This budges my sympathy meter not at all.

17. I rarely do the happy dance at the demise of others (I try to limit myself to 1-2x a day).

In this instance if/when Dorner is +ively IDed I will smile inwardly and do a week's worth of the jig.

...and condolences to the family of that fallen officer. Hopefully, this is the beginning of the end.

18. Prayers for victims & families

CBS, CNN & AP reporting that body removed from cabin is thought to be that of dorner. LA mayor tells telemundo "it's over" LAPD schedules news conference for 11 PM EST.

good riddance pos