close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

Welcome to Glock Talk

Why should YOU join our Glock forum?

• Converse with other Glock Enthusiasts
  • Learn about the latest hunting products
  • Becoming a member is FREE and EASY

If you consider yourself a beginner or an avid shooter, the Glock Talk community is your place to discuss self defense, concealed carry, reloading, target shooting, and all things Glock.

Little Stevie will have BIG NEWS tonight!

Discussion in 'Reloading' started by GioaJack, Apr 5, 2011.

1. GioaJack

GioaJack Conifer Jack

Apr 14, 2009
    Conifer, CO
    Set your DVR's, put the kids to bed early, order Chinese take-out and tell the wife/girlfriend, 'not tonight, I have a headache'.

BIG NEWS, BIG NEWS... this will set the reloading world on it's ear and that's no BS! :whistling:

Don't even reach for the keyboards 'cause my lips are sealed.

Jack

2. XDRoX

XDRoX

Jan 24, 2009
    San Diego
    My guess is it's either a 1050 or a 650.

3. Boxerglocker

Boxerglocker Jacks #1 Fan

Mar 6, 2003
    Lynnwood, WA
  4. shotgunred

shotgunred local trouble maker

Mar 1, 2008
    Washington (the state)
    He is going to start to shoot a man's gun insted of that sissy 9mm.:supergrin:

5. IndyGunFreak

IndyGunFreak

Jan 26, 2001
    Indiana
    That would be my guess... He sold the LNL (or convinced Hornady to refund it)... he ordered a 1050/650 for his 9mm, and an LCT for his "light" needs..

IGF

6. WiskyT

WiskyT Malcontent

Jun 12, 2002
    North Carolina
    Jack shoots a 9mm.

He didn't get a new press because he has to get his LNL back first. Then he can pawn it off on some rube and use the cash to by a 650.

My guess is he tried his buddy's FCD and liked it.

If I'm correct, it's going to make the Japan quake look like a walk in the park. The Earth is going to be knocked off it's axis.

7. GioaJack

GioaJack Conifer Jack

Apr 14, 2009
    Conifer, CO

Keep it up flatlander, I know two people in Washington named Guido and Nunzio.

I usually like to take care of my own light work but I'm not up to traveling just yet. :whistling:

Jack

8. shotgunred

shotgunred local trouble maker

Mar 1, 2008
    Washington (the state)
    What is it with you Italian Americans. My wife keeps threatening me with connected Italian relatives. Not to mention we are good union men. So we are already owned by the mob. As a matter of fact being a union president I am to the left of Satan and the right of Hitler according to Glen Beck.

9. MinervaDoe

MinervaDoe

Jan 26, 2009
    San Jose, CA
    We're short, so kneecaps are an obvious target. The world looks different from down here. Besides, when you find out that you have relatives with nicknames like Ice Pick and Knuckles, it changes your outloook on life.

10. Colorado4Wheel

Colorado4Wheel

Nov 2, 2006
    CO
    Apparently, you’re the only one with a analytic mind in this group. First part is right. Second part I don't know about yet. But I will know soon enough about the FCD.

Last edited: Apr 5, 2011
  11. IndyGunFreak

IndyGunFreak

Jan 26, 2001
    Indiana
    So let the cat out of the bag already... What machine are you going to break next? :rofl:

12. GioaJack

GioaJack Conifer Jack

Apr 14, 2009
    Conifer, CO
    I can not be held responsible if Little Stevie has the communication skills of a deaf mute.

Jack

13. IndyGunFreak

IndyGunFreak

Jan 26, 2001
    Indiana
    No need to go insulting deaf mutes now... ;)

14. Colorado4Wheel

Colorado4Wheel

Nov 2, 2006
    CO
    Update:

Hornady recieved the press yesterday morning. I just so happened to call them yesterday to make sure they didn't have any questions and knew what the problem was. I never assume people understand are have been given all the info. I talked to a nice guy named Steve and he informed me that the engineer had come to look at the press and they decided to replace the frame. He also said the indexing was off. I asked about the frame replacement. The frame had a stripped boss/threads from when they sent me the wrong length bolt for the case-feeder. The longer screw was holding fine but I figured while it was visiting the Mother Ship it might as well get treated right. They had promised to heli-coil it but instead replaced the frame. He said that after the frame is replaced they will check it out again and see how it is working. I described how I thought it was the primer flow around the punch causing the case to wobble and tip as it went over the spring. He listened to all the stories I had about the press and said he would pass the info on to the engineer. I don’t have a picture of this area but here is a picture of the sub-plate and you can see the groove the spring sits in to the left of the nub.
    [​IMG]
    So I called today. I was confused by his statement from yesterday about the indexing being off. I just couldn’t understand how it would be off and how I could possibly get it any better so I wanted to know how off it was and how to set it up “right” in the future. As soon as I said my name he said “The press is on its way back to you already”. Surprised I asked what they did. Basically, the replaced the frame, yoke, ram and tightened all the linkages up. They said the parts were warped. He said once they replaced those parts the indexing was spot on again. He also had the sub-plate machined for the grove so the case would ride on the case and not the primer as it went to the shell-plate (same as the Dillon now). He said those parts could have been damaged in transit but they don’t know. I think the parts warped when I was pushing with all my might to seat the primers 2 months ago when I had a defective sub-plate. I think that’s why this problem has been getting progressively worse because I have been pushing harder and harder over time trying to get the primers to seat. They were never going to seat with the defective sub-plate.
    So basically, Hornady paid to ship the press back to them. Treated me great on the phone. Listened to my sob story about not having enough ammo and as a result turned around the repair in 24 hours. You really can’t complain too much about that assuming that the press is working when it comes back. If it is I will not complain but commend them for great service. I will know soon enough I think.

15. Colorado4Wheel

Colorado4Wheel

Nov 2, 2006
    CO
    My wife tends to agree.

16. WiskyT

WiskyT Malcontent

Jun 12, 2002
    North Carolina
    I bet Steve (the Hornady rep) has PTSD flashbacks every time he hears a phone ring.

17. Zombie Steve

Zombie Steve Decap Pin Killa

May 31, 2007
    Old Colorado City
    Who's breaking what without me? :steamed:

18. Colorado4Wheel

Colorado4Wheel

Nov 2, 2006
    CO
    I am way to old to not understand the basic rule of:

Don't piss off people who are trying to help you.