List of Sheriffs Standing Up Against Obama’s Gun Control

Discussion in 'Cop Talk' started by Southswede, Jan 19, 2013.

1. volsbear

volsbear IWannaBeSedated
    Lifetime Member

Does Sheriff Joe even have to say it?

Wanna kill these ads? We can help!
  2. Hahaha. Absolutely not.

3. I don't think it's a good idea for LE"s to pick and choose which laws to enforce. If they don't do their sworn duty then they shouldn't take the oath.
  4. Captain Caveman

Captain Caveman a.k.a. DaReaper

This is my Sheriff. Good man. Fair and balanced, takes care of his employees, and listens to the people who he serves.

Thank you Shayne!!!
  5. volsbear

volsbear IWannaBeSedated
    Lifetime Member

On the other hand, their oath proclaims they will protect and defend the constitution. If they believe an executive order is beyond the scope of the constitution as it has been interpreted, aren't they actually keeping their oath?

It's an ethical gray area, isn't it.
  6. txleapd

txleapd Hook 'Em Up

It doesn't sound like most people here are familiar with him. The guy is an over-the-top conspiracy theorist nut bag.

Take anything and everything he says with a grain of tinfoil wrapped salt.

Posted using Outdoor Hub Campfire
    #46 txleapd, Jan 22, 2013
    Last edited: Jan 22, 2013

GRIMLET Deceased

Taking discretion away from an officer would clog up the courts with trivial violations.
    Some people only need a verbal, some people need the ride.

There are many archaic laws still on the books that make no sense. Surely, you would agree that cops dont need to enforce these type of laws.

Posted using Outdoor Hub Campfire
  8. It's mostly Multnomah County. Portland followed by Eugene (because of the UofO) and Gresham (huge minority population). Granted, these are the largest population centers, thus we vote Blue every year. Portland is as bad (if not worse) than Seattle. You definitely won't see Multnomah County on the list :upeyes:

The rest of Oregon, however, is fairly conservative.
  9. CGMK

My boss is pretty high on that list and also issues CCWs [in ca.] like its going out of style.
  10. And how many times have you asked for a break on a traffic violation? :upeyes:
  11. I'm with the department that dispatches for you guys, but I would be really surprised if my Sheriff came out publicly, but as I said I know where he stands and that is good enough for me.

Its just not my departments way to be vocal about things...
  12. I think the State of Arizona already has!
  13. lawman800

lawman800 Juris Glocktor

Must be central or NorCal because it ain't like that in SoCal except for SB County.
  14. Glock22C

Millennium Member

Because main stream media will give us all the details right?