close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

Welcome to Glock Talk

Why should YOU join our Glock forum?

• Converse with other Glock Enthusiasts
  • Learn about the latest hunting products
  • Becoming a member is FREE and EASY

If you consider yourself a beginner or an avid shooter, the Glock Talk community is your place to discuss self defense, concealed carry, reloading, target shooting, and all things Glock.

Lil help shooting sub compact

Discussion in 'General Glocking' started by Rikrok, Oct 5, 2012.

1. Rikrok

Rikrok

Sep 7, 2012
    When shooting my 35, 21 or 19, it's bang bang bang and they all hit target where intended in nice tight groups. I picked up a 26 and I'm all over the place, even at closer range. Any tips at getting this under control? I would lean toward a sight issue if the were all at least grouped.

Thanks

2. barth

barth six barrels

Oct 7, 2011
    The Free Zone
    Your two fingers under the trigger finger actually afford you the
    best grip in your hand. For me, keeping a firm two finger grip while having a smooth pull and keeping my sights on target does the trick.
    Once mastered that's helped my grip and accuracy with all size guns.

Last edited: Oct 5, 2012

3. RonS

RonS Millennium Member

May 27, 1999
    Oh, USA
    I suggest that you check the sight picture against a white background. My groups with the G26 were flying saucer shaped. I found that with the stance I was using, the width of the front sight and rear notch I wasn't able to index the sights for windage, the front sight more than filled the notch. Once I went to night sights with a dot front and plain black rear with a wide notch my groups are nice and round again.

I don't know your hand shape or size but I shoot about the same tucking the little finger under the butt with 10 rounders as I do shooting with 12 round mags and the pinky on the extension.

4. bustedknee

bustedknee Curmudgeon

Aug 1, 2001
    Wythe County, VA
    Have you tried pulling the trigger with your middle finger?

5. Photoman642

Photoman642

Jul 22, 2010

"Here... pull my finger..." :supergrin:

6. Bruce M

Bruce M

Jan 3, 2010
    S FL
    :rofl::rofl:

Only thing I have is maybe your pinky is doing something different sporadically.

7. Butch

Butch RetiredDinosaur Millennium Member CLM

Dec 17, 1998
    Minnesota
    Trigger control, trigger control, trigger control.....errors in trigger control are 'magnified' by the smaller grip and the shorter sight radius....also, get some dummy rounds.

Read page two of my blog if you don't know what to do with the dummy rounds.

8. Adding a Pierce extension and Pachmyar slip on grip improved my G27.

[​IMG]

9. ETNSHOOTER

ETNSHOOTER

May 12, 2012
    Tennessee
    Put some talon grips on the 26 . I also have GAP ENTERPRISES floor plates on my 10 round mags. They are awsome !!! Look them up. They don't look like they would help but they do. Brings your contollability way up. There worth there money I promise.

10. truetopath

truetopath

Nov 26, 2011
    NY
    This

Outdoor Hub mobile, the outdoor information engine

11. Rikrok

Rikrok

Sep 7, 2012
    Thanks for the tips guys, off to the range.

12. owl6roll

owl6roll

Sep 9, 2004
    ALABAMA
    What he said!!!!

13. jack76590

jack76590

Aug 15, 2004
    If this is the case he might want to use a file and make the rear notch wider. Or have a gunsmith do the job with a milling machine.

14. Rikrok

Rikrok

Sep 7, 2012
    Things went much better yesterday at the range. RonS was right in the fact the the front sight totally filled the void in the rear sight, so I guess a different set is needed. But I made a point of really getting a firm grip on it, and it made a huge difference. Thanks for the help all.

15. RonS

RonS Millennium Member

May 27, 1999
    Oh, USA
    Glad you made some progress. I am not sure but I would bet that Glock uses the same sights regardless of how long the slide is, so as the barrel gets shorter the apparent width of the front sight increases. If you like the rear and don't want to spend a lot of money you might look at a narrow front sight and a front sight tool. I didn't like the OEM sights anyway and since my G26 is the go to gun now I invested $129 and had a set of Trijicon HD night sights installed at a gun show.