close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

Welcome to Glock Talk

Why should YOU join our Glock forum?

• Converse with other Glock Enthusiasts
  • Learn about the latest hunting products
  • Becoming a member is FREE and EASY

If you consider yourself a beginner or an avid shooter, the Glock Talk community is your place to discuss self defense, concealed carry, reloading, target shooting, and all things Glock.

Light with Laser??? Any Recomondations

Discussion in 'Sights, Optics and Lasers' started by tooomey, Aug 29, 2011.

1. tooomey

tooomey

Jul 25, 2011
    Looking to get Flash Light Laser. Anyone using one of these? Looking for any info on whats good and not good. I was looking at the Glock GTL 21/22. But $220 seems expnsive. Thanks

2. You usually end up getting what you pay for. I have a few Streamlight TLR-2's on Glock 22 and 21sf platforms, as well as shotgun and rifle, and really satisified with them.

Last edited: Aug 29, 2011
  3. ronin.45

ronin.45

Apr 24, 2008
    NE OHIO
    You won't get much for under $200. I think the TLR-2 is about the best bargain in a quality light/laser combo. You might find a used one at a price you like.

4. tooomey

tooomey

Jul 25, 2011

5. Lampshade

Lampshade

May 11, 2010
    If you can find a used TLR2, that's your best bet.

I was lucky enough to pick one up for $100.

6. Shawn1

Shawn1

Apr 2, 2003
    New Jersey
    The TLR-2 has a pretty bright led but you may want to look into a viridian C5L. They are in the $250-$300 range but have come down in price a little bit. The 2nd generation of these is coming out pretty soon so dealers may be blowing out there gen 1 inventory.

7. ronin.45

ronin.45

Apr 24, 2008
    NE OHIO

8. elliotb33

elliotb33

Sep 2, 2011
    I got a used TLR-2s on ebay for 215 + free shipping. Nice light imo.

9. Raptor F-22

Raptor F-22

Sep 9, 2011
    I have to totally agree with Tom in Arizona, I too have several Streamlight TLR's2 & 2S and am very satisfied these units. I had one small issue with the battery cap on the first TLR-2 I had, Streamlight paid for it back to the factory/service center, I got a call from them and they asked if I would like a TLR-2S, (Strobe and brighter), as a replacement and I said sure. two days later it was delivered. Great product line and great cutomer service.

Tom in Florida

10. A week or so ago I swapped out the battery door on my TLR-2s with the Streamlight momentary switch battery door replacement that fits the Glock 22/17 frames.

You take off the battery door and replace it with this unit. It has the original style lever switch and an additional button switch on the front of the grip just below the trigger guard like the Crimson Trace unit for the Ruger LCP. It fits over the trigger guard and is slick! No holster modification needed.

Last edited: Sep 10, 2011