Light Primer Strike with Zev Striker Spring and Fiocchi Ammo

Discussion in 'General Glocking' started by triggerjerk, Aug 2, 2014.

1. Hi all,

I was shooting my G37 today.
    I have installed a minus connector and a Zev light striker spring. I am using a Zev as I tried a Wolff spring and it didn't play well with the trigger safety reset and I have had good luck with Zev in that regard.

However,today I had one light primer strike on a Fiocchi 124gr .357 Sig fmj round. Does Fiocchi use "hard" primers? It happened once out of 200 rounds. I haven't had this issue before with Wolff 4lb springs. The primer was marked with a tiny round dimple in the center, not the typical Glock mark.

Should I go back to a factory striker spring or will an extended tip striker prevent this?

TIA

Wanna kill these ads? We can help!
    #1 triggerjerk, Aug 2, 2014
    Last edited: Aug 2, 2014
  2. Loading...

Similar Threads Forum Date
    Light primer strikes on a G19 Gunsmithing Jun 14, 2015
    Light primer strikes - ammo or gun? General Glocking Apr 12, 2015
    Glock 20 light trigger pull and light primer strikes Help! General Glocking Feb 23, 2015
    Had my first light primer strike Reloading Feb 9, 2015
    New GEN4 G26 light primer strike. General Glocking Nov 28, 2014

3. Yes. Fiocchi ammo is known by having hard primer compared vs Federal or CCI. In my opinion in order for you to have a balance firing system you need the lightweight striker. I had the same issues and once I did that no more issues in my Glocks....

4. Either a lightweight firing pin with a 4.0# spring or a 4.5# spring with the OEM firing pin.

5. Thanks guys!

Any recommendations on a lightened striker? I see there have been some threads
    where the stikers have caused issues or galled due to being titanium (not steel with a ti coat).

6. Jager if you can find one Glockworx if a Jager is not available.

7. There are many good ones...Jager, ZEV.

8. Thanks again. I am really loving the .357 Sig cartridge.
    I enjoy shooting it over .40 and .45 . . .

9. I used a 3.5 connector and a striker spring in my G22 and had light strikes. I took out the striker spring and put in the heavy trigger spring and came out with about the same thing without light strikes. It works good. I didn't use the safety spring.

10. ron59

ron59 Bustin Caps

Even CCI primers are harder than Federals.

With a light striker spring, CCI won't detonate reliably, I had close to a 7% failure rate in my reloads with CCI primers and my USPSA gun with Ghost Rocket setup.

Using Federals, I've yet to have a light primer striker issue, and I've shot 30,000+ rounds with that setup.

11. I just installed a Zev lightweight striker with the extended tip.
    I have only dry fired it.
    The weird thing is I can now feel the striker spring being compressed as I press the trigger.
    Is that normal?

TIA

#10 triggerjerk, Aug 8, 2014
    Last edited: Aug 8, 2014