close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

Lifetime permit wait time?

Discussion in 'Indiana Glockers' started by Cassius, Dec 19, 2006.

1. Cassius

Cassius
    Expand Collapse

I applied for my lifetime carry permit in the middle of October. I had heard about a 6 week wait time. It is now 8 weeks of course, and although I am patient and not in a hurry I am just curious if there is a big backlog from people applying for the new lifetime permits. It was my understanding that if you already had a permit, you had to wait until it expired before you could apply for the lifetime. If that is the case then I wouldn't think there would be a backlog?

Also Indiana is shall-issue, right? Meaning if my nose is clean I shouldn't have to worry about whether my permit will be approved? (never been arrested, no felonies or misdemeanors other than a couple traffic violations, 26 years of age, lived in Indiana my entire life)

Wanna kill these ads? We can help!
  2. ralphb72

ralphb72
    Expand Collapse

Took about 2 mos and it came on a Fri so maybee this Fri You'll get it.

3. Matt Stum

Matt Stum
    Expand Collapse

I submitted mine the beginning of July and received it at the end of September, so just about 3 months for me.

4. sjstill

sjstill
    Expand Collapse

A customer at the shop applied for his today (Hendricks Co SD), and was told to expect 12 weeks wait.

5. KSFreeman

KSFreeman
    Expand Collapse
    Broken Member

1. You may apply before your license expires, up to 180 days before. Mine expires in October of 2007, I will apply for my lifetime license in April of 2007.

2. Indiana is "shall issue" by judicial decision from 1981 and by Indiana Supreme Court decision (the nonsense in Gary) in 1991.

3. The lifetime license is becoming very popular. When I visit the county jug for my weekly appointments there, I see guys with license applications and hear the gun lady talking to them about the lifetime license. Waits are now up to 12 weeks according to my "spies" at the Tippecanoe County Sheriff's Department who are in contact with ISP at Indy almost daily.

6. R. Emmelman

R. Emmelman
    Expand Collapse
    Tired Member

So, KSFreeman. How does ISP get by with this? 60 days is the max by law.

7. blackbeast

blackbeast
    Expand Collapse

i applied at the end of august, and got mine at the end of november. It was a long wait for me since I didn't havea previous permit, and had already bought a gun (makarov) that i couldn't do anything with.

8. KSFreeman

KSFreeman
    Expand Collapse
    Broken Member

Reml, don't ya know, lawyers cost money.:animlol:

9. Flinter

Flinter
    Expand Collapse
    Hornady Fan

Oh my, wonder how long a new resident will have to wait?

10. blackbeast

blackbeast
    Expand Collapse

my boss, who just moved here from georgia, applied at nearly the same time i did, and last i asked had still not gotten it.

11. packninhummerh1

packninhummerh1
    Expand Collapse

I received my lifetime carry permit in six week's. Cudos to the men and women of the State Police down state.:bluesbrothers: :perfect10:

12. R. Emmelman

R. Emmelman
    Expand Collapse
    Tired Member

I wonder how much of this wait time is because of the local PD dragging their feet.

13. blackbeast

blackbeast
    Expand Collapse

took my local pd 1 day to approve me, and give me my paperwork to mail off to the state.

14. R. Emmelman

R. Emmelman
    Expand Collapse
    Tired Member

So how long did it take ISP to finish it?

15. blackbeast

blackbeast
    Expand Collapse

don't know the exact time but it was near 3 months, from end of august to end of november. asked my boss today, he still has not gotten his, and applied near the same time i did.

16. MikeG23

MikeG23
    Expand Collapse

I applied for mine on July 6 (I tried to do it the third, but they didn't know how to yet) they sent me a letter saying things weren't done correctly in September. Apparently they didn't learn much from the third to the sixth.

Any way I resubmited it in September and finally got my new license in December. So the first try took 10 weeks and the second took 12. I called them in November because I was worried it had gotten lost in the mail and they told me they were pretty stacked up.

My license ezpired July 31 and it kinda sucked that it was expired over 4 Months.

17. Cassius

Cassius
    Expand Collapse

It's been 13 weeks for me and still haven't received anything.... =(

18. USMCGLOCKER

USMCGLOCKER
    Expand Collapse

sorry, i'm going slightly off topic... i just applied for my 4 year license yesterday, how long do those take? please say that they are quicker than the lifetime ones !!!!??!?!?

19. R. Emmelman

R. Emmelman
    Expand Collapse
    Tired Member

Probably not, exact same process.

20. rhino465

rhino465
    Expand Collapse

Is there a reason why you went with the four year and not the lifetime? Was it the cost?