close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

Welcome to Glock Talk

Why should YOU join our Glock forum?

• Converse with other Glock Enthusiasts
  • Learn about the latest hunting products
  • Becoming a member is FREE and EASY

If you consider yourself a beginner or an avid shooter, the Glock Talk community is your place to discuss self defense, concealed carry, reloading, target shooting, and all things Glock.

Life is GOOD! Drew an elk tag!!

Discussion in 'Hunting, Fishing & Camping' started by Elkslayer, Jun 28, 2002.

1. Elkslayer

Elkslayer

Apr 12, 2002
    Wyoming
    The hunting gods have smiled on me once more, drew a cow tag for Green Mountain! This will be my first time hunting elk there but have called a few song dogs in the area.;a

2. mpol777

mpol777 Feral Member

Jul 23, 2001
    Cochise County, AZ
    congratulations. i have to wait to see what i get this year. i put in for elk, deer and black bear. hopefully something pans out.

my hunting area is on the border of that little fire we have going out here. with 450,000+ acres of habitat gone, i'm sure that all of the neighboring areas will be teaming with game.

3. heck yeah life is good! trying to get a tag in michigan is kind of like playing the big game, usually doesnt happen, same with bear

4. Grey Wolf

Grey Wolf SHEEP DOG

Feb 7, 2001
    SW Michigan
    Congrasts on your draw. Wish you the best of luck. Using gun or bow?

Shoot straight.

Grey Wolf

5. Elkslayer

Elkslayer

Apr 12, 2002
    Wyoming
    I will be taking a couple of rifles each time I go out.

I will always take a lever gun. either a Marlin 1895ss 45-70, a Browning repro 1886 45-70, or a Browning repro 1895 30-06. But for when I get desperate I'll also have a custom '98 Mauser in 338-06. I'd rather use a lever gun, really don't care which one.

The area isn't but about 100 miles from where I live so zooming out there on a weekend morning isn't a problem although I will be camping in the area the opening week. Doubt if it takes that long to connect with a cow tho.