close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

LF - Knoxville area Glock armorer

Discussion in 'Volunteer Glockers' started by jimmym86, Jul 8, 2011.

1. jimmym86

jimmym86
    Expand Collapse

I'm looking for a friendly local Glock armorer that would be so kind as to help me out.

My blue label (gssf coupon) 4thgen G19 came with a badly boogered-up rear sight. It looks like someone held a soldering iron to it. :( I called Glock today and said the turn around would be 6-8 weeks to have a new sight put on. So...I'm thinking about just ordering some factory night sites from Glock, and having a local Glock armorer install them.

If anyone would be so kind as to help me out, I would greatly appreciate it.

james.myers4@gmail.com
    773-2269 txt or call

Thanks!
    Jimmy

2. Akita

Akita
    Expand Collapse
    gone

You can do it yourself easily enough. Just get a punch and knock out the bad sight. Then get a hardwood dowel or similiar (so as to not mar the sight) and tap it into place. I am a former Glock armorer and used to have the tool until I figured it was easier to do it that way.

Might I suggest putting some better sights on it while you are at it? I like the TruGlo with tritium which should run about $100.

3. Bubbiesdad

Bubbiesdad
    Expand Collapse
    IDPA SO

close by. And they have a Glock Armorer.

http://tngunshop.com/