close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

Welcome to Glock Talk

Why should YOU join our Glock forum?

• Converse with other Glock Enthusiasts
  • Learn about the latest hunting products
  • Becoming a member is FREE and EASY

If you consider yourself a beginner or an avid shooter, the Glock Talk community is your place to discuss self defense, concealed carry, reloading, target shooting, and all things Glock.

Lexington Ky Roll Call (Oct 27-28)

Discussion in 'GSSF' started by Sgt.K, Oct 21, 2012.

1. Sgt.K

Sgt.K They Just Work!

Jan 11, 2000
    Kentucky, USA
    I'll be there on Sunday the 28th. I'll be shooting Amateur Civilian with my G17 and Amateur Subcompact with my G26. My first GSSF match though I'm pretty seasoned in USPSA.

Quick question. Are Glock +2 extension OK on my G26 mags? I'm aware of the round limit, just wondering if these are OK or should I switch them out for my Pierce?

Pic of me in my profile, look me up if you are there I'd be honored to meet you!

Joe

2. kyglockshooter 2.0

kyglockshooter 2.0

Jul 5, 2012
    You picked a awesome match for your first. the scenery is magnificent, and the range which is atleast 500 acres is beyond amazingly cool to a 20 year old such as me. (Though in sparta for the gssf this weekend's range was 1500 acres with a 1000 camping-rv hook's, 250 acres of water, 3.5miles of trap houses in a perfectly straight line) the range was called world shooting complex and I really want to see that range packed next year it is big enough to handle 5 times more entries than this years number. Also this was the first time this match has been held there so it was nice not to overload the brand new RO's. Also the workers at this range were hands down some of the best/nicest RO's I've met.

3. Butch

Butch RetiredDinosaur Millennium Member CLM

Dec 17, 1998
    Minnesota
    Yup!

Also.....I expect to be there Saturday!

4. DeuceRooster

DeuceRooster

Jan 29, 2010
    Ahhhhh, I'm in Corbin (only a bit over a one our drive) I may have to venture up.

5. Gary1911A1

Gary1911A1

Jun 14, 2005
    Ohio for now
    I'll be there Saturday to shoot in two divisions. It is a beautiful club. I'll plan on stopping by Bud's after or before to look around. Wonder if anything will follow me home?

6. Bren

Bren NRA Life Member

Jan 16, 2005
    Kentucky
    BGSL (Lexington/Wilmore) is actually 1,435 acres. Some of it is hunting, camping, etc.

7. mike g35

mike g35

Jun 23, 2011
    Charleston W.V.
    I'll be there Saturday!!! Can't wait!!!! :)

Outdoor Hub mobile, the outdoor information engine

8. ScottC.

ScottC.

Sep 16, 2012
    Ohio
    My wife and I will be driving down Saturday after the indoor GSSF League shoot in New Albany Oh. This will be our first outdoor match and we are both looking forward to it. We plan on getting there late afternoon Saturday and then shooting Sunday before heading home to Dayton.
    How late do these matches usually run ? I was hoping to get there early enough Saturday and stop by and check things out so we know what to expect when we shoot on Sunday.

9. kyglockshooter 2.0

kyglockshooter 2.0

Jul 5, 2012
    Well I am wrong then and I do apologize, I did not do my homework and google it like I should have. For some reason I had the notion it is smaller then it actually is. And by no means am I putting down lexington.

10. Glockrunner

Glockrunner HOOYA DEEPSEA

Sep 10, 2001
    SC
    I've got some lock work to do in Corbin.

We'll be there Saturday.

11. Matches go until the last shooter finishes OR it gets too dark to shoot OR until they believe the last shooter has shot and tear down the stages. Shooting should go on Sunday's until at least 3PM (registration util 2PM), but don't tarry too long and miss the boat.

12. Don At PC

Don At PC Senior Member Millennium Member

Dec 17, 1998
    USA
    If all goes as planned my wife and I will be roling into the Hampton Inn at Danville Friday evening, shooting Saturday and heading back home Sunday morning.

Don

13. Alexd29

Alexd29 Go Bucks!

Jul 3, 2011
    Dayton, OH
    Where are you guys located at in Dayton. i live up in vandalia. if you have a free evening. i can go over the course of fire and range.commands at MVSG. that way you will know what to expect. shoot me a pm and we can get in touch. -David-

Outdoor Hub mobile, the outdoor information engine

14. GUNS N' HOGS

GUNS N' HOGS

Jul 28, 2012
    SE Kentucky
    My Son and I will be there Saturday and Sunday for our first GSSF Match! He lives in Louisville; so we'll be driving down both days from there.

Everyone drive/arrive safe!

:cheers:

15. Walk Soft

Walk Soft

Jun 3, 2011
    Kentucky
    If it rains Saturday I'll be there because I can get off from work.I'm not a GSSF member.Can I still attend? Also can I register the day of?

16. Glockrunner

Glockrunner HOOYA DEEPSEA

Sep 10, 2001
    SC
    Yes & Yes

17. Butch

Butch RetiredDinosaur Millennium Member CLM

Dec 17, 1998
    Minnesota