close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

Lexington KY Photo and debriefing thread

Discussion in 'GSSF' started by mike g35, Oct 28, 2012.

1. mike g35

mike g35
    Expand Collapse

My iPhone screwed up said this didn't post. Sorry folks.

Wanna kill these ads? We can help!
    #1 mike g35, Oct 28, 2012
    Last edited: Oct 28, 2012
  2. mike g35

mike g35
    Expand Collapse

Post your photos and stories here!!!! :)

Somebody had to start LOL View attachment 228672 View attachment 228673
    (These are photos that were shared by a friend on Facebook, I'm actually on my way there now.)

Outdoor Hub mobile, the outdoor information engine

#2 mike g35, Oct 28, 2012
  3. Glockdude1

Glockdude1
    Expand Collapse
    Federal Member
    CLM

Get rid of that nickel plated sissy phone and get a real phone!!

Sent from my Galaxy Note.

:tongueout:

4. PM720

PM720
    Expand Collapse

:wow::rofl::rofl::rofl:

Scott

5. Alexd29

Alexd29
    Expand Collapse
    Go Bucks!

Hey thats me in the second pic. brown hoodie, green hat, scoresheets in hand!

6. SARDG

SARDG
    Expand Collapse

You mean to tell me that there are shooters in that little pic???

7. Sgt.K

Sgt.K
    Expand Collapse
    They Just Work!

Just got back. Sorry no pics. Had a fantastic time. Will definitely be making the next closest one to me and this one the next time.

I arrived today the 28th around 8 am and got signed up (early) around 8:45 am or so. It was windy and chilly but not unbearable. I was the first shooter at 5 to Glock and as soon as I signed in I was up almost immediately at Glock the Plates. Glock'M had a slight bottleneck but wasn't even 20 minutes I think. The order I did the stages was last to first or farthest away to closest.

BGSL is a nice place. Friendly people all around. Parking at every stage. Big Thanks to them for hosting.

Make sure you utilize the Armorer service. May find out somethings and it's a free through inspection, cleaning and lube.

Bottom line is Join GSSF and attend the next match that is available to you. You will not regret it.

8. mike g35

mike g35
    Expand Collapse

Awesome match and an awesome staff. I WILL be back again next year.

#8 mike g35, Oct 28, 2012
  9. Glockrunner

Glockrunner
    Expand Collapse
    HOOYA DEEPSEA

I too arrived early. Heard the GLOCK ARMORERS would only look at guns By Appointment and the next appointment wasn't till noon Sunday!:rofl:

We had a good time even with the dampness. It had just stopped raining and the wind died down once we get to the match site.

While we didn't shoot anything to brag about we got to see many friends and chat about our scores and trips. Did get surprized by seeing Glen and his sugnificent other Tammy there. Didn't get a chance to meet her at Conyers. The Harlands, James and other early birds like the Dyers like us got signed up first to shoot the match.

Had a good BBQ lunch outdoors at the 5 to Glock stages for a hearty meal. Speaking of the 5 To Glock we got to shoot 2 categories before going down to score. That should have helped more shooters along too.

Yea, the weather helped keep people at bay for Saturady. I think they might have gotten swamped today with a forcast of nicer weather. It wasn't the matches of yesteryear I recall there but then I think the cold, wet weather and low turnout of help might have been the culprit. Saturday was by all means not undermanned by RO's as we always had plenty of RO's at any station we shot. But there seemed stretched out a bit.

Ms. Pat had a malfunction (maybe a bad primer) and ran with it on the 5 to Glock. She smoked those Plates! Me, I have to get rid of those D hits....

One issue did raise it's head. There was no Safety Zone for the shooters to check out their hardware. I wanted to inspect a new set of sights on a LT's gun but didn't have a place to do that. We had to pull a RO off a line to go with us to a unused bay so we could unbag a gun for shown a tell. Others had no place to unbay and holster etc....

Fall Colors are falling off the trees fast. We took the long way home yesterday and didn't even get on the Interstate until 6 PM. Beautiful drive through the mountains again for two weeks in a row!

#9 Glockrunner, Oct 28, 2012
  10. chemcmndr

chemcmndr
    Expand Collapse

Here is the video footage I compiled from me shooting my two divisions...

http://youtu.be/TnxheI8Qs-M

[ame]http://youtu.be/N7EjlqhTIMg[/ame]

#11 chemcmndr, Oct 28, 2012
  11. bustedknee

bustedknee
    Expand Collapse
    Curmudgeon

Saturday, the weather was a little damp and cool. Consequently, the crowd was thin.

Well run match. Everyone was very helpful.

The BBQ smelled great but we were done and gone before it was ready. My wife was in a hurry to get back to the slot machines in Cross Lanes, WV. (She gave me $300 out of her winnings).

My best GSSF score to date so I'm tickled. These ATS sights are working for me.

#12 bustedknee, Oct 28, 2012
  12. Sgt.K

Sgt.K
    Expand Collapse
    They Just Work!

The armorer was kicked back today. I walked right in and he went over my 26 and 17 completely. Replaced a couple of springs and cleaned and lubed. Great Guy.

Today there was a "safe area" right behind the sign in at Glock the plates. Not sure if it was there Sat.

13. lethal tupperwa

lethal tupperwa
    Expand Collapse

left side Jim and Kaye

right end Bob and Pat

in the middle Glenn and Tammy.

Glenn(still with 2 n's but with several less chins and over 100 lbs thinner

In back was the cooker that those great smells were coming from

#14 lethal tupperwa, Oct 28, 2012
    Last edited: Oct 31, 2012
  14. lethal tupperwa

lethal tupperwa
    Expand Collapse

the Armorers were pretending to be Maytag repairmen.

15. Mrs Glockrunner

Mrs Glockrunner
    Expand Collapse

That was some pretty good BBQ! Tasted as good as it smelled. Loved the secret ingredient in the baked beans. :cool:

16. GUNS N' HOGS

GUNS N' HOGS
    Expand Collapse

Other than the weather, we had a great time in Lexington today! Mike, didn't get a chance to spot you but we were shooting with the grandkids/wives in attendance and moving to different locations pretty quickly while trying to stay warm.....

Everyone was very helpful to us first timers; and we had a blast being able to attend and get those "first time" jitters out of the way.

Definitely looking forward to next year and making as many matches as possible!

Hope everyone arrives home safely!

:cheers:

17. mike g35

mike g35
    Expand Collapse

Maybe next time, I'm usually easy to spot in my bright colorful jersey LOL but today I was incognito wearing a Marsh and Black colored Columbia rain jacket over it. Hope everyone else had as good of a day as I did.
    I don't expect to see much of a change in my scores, but I figured a couple things out today and started doing things a little more correctly and my groups shrunk considerably. For months everyone said "slow down", and I did, what I didn't do was have good trigger control or a good grip. I changed that today and my groups on the long 5 to G shots grouped very tightly. Sadly however the groups were WAY left. A couple says ago I went out shooting and decided my gun was shooting right, so I adjusted WAY left. Then today, once I started shooting with my new and improved fundamentals in place I figured out how big of a mistake that was. I was aiming nearly at the right edge of the targets and grouping left. Groups were tight but in the wrong place.
    But oh we'll, we learn as we go and I had a great time. Can't wait for the next one. But now it's time to start perfecting what I learned today. :)
    Here's a pic of one of my long targets on the 5 to G. See what I mean? View attachment 228710
    Believe it or not there are SIX hits there. Two were nearly in the same hole. LOL Maybe next time. I was aiming at the right edge LOL

#18 mike g35, Oct 28, 2012
  18. mike g35

mike g35
    Expand Collapse

Another example of my sight "correction" error. LOL View attachment 228711

19. Glockrunner

Glockrunner
    Expand Collapse
    HOOYA DEEPSEA

Morning Mike,
    If you were aiming at the righthand edge of the target and getting hits like this I would question the rear sight location before going any farther.
    First I would ensure it isn't loose and then ensure it is centered.