Leupold Mark IV Scope Question (HELP)

Discussion in 'GATE Long-Range Shooting' started by SMSTRICK, Mar 17, 2012.

Expand Collapse

Nov 4, 2003
    I have a Remington 700P LTR TWS with a Leupold Mark IV 3.5- 40mm w/ Duplex Reticle. This scope is the one on the Law Enforcement custom package. This scope has two knobs, one on top, one on the right side of rifle for elevation / windage. I am having trouble finding this specific scope online to learn more about it. Is it a Long Range Tactical ? There are a million Mark IV 3.5 -10x40 mm scopes out there and I do not know which specific one that I have. Can you help me ? I have the one with the simple duplex reticle / two knob adjustment. I think that this might be a older scope but not sure. I am no expert when it comes to these scopes. This gun is bigger than I am. I'm tightening up my learning curve a bit.
  2. Zak Smith

Zak Smith
    Expand Collapse
    Millennium Member

Aug 25, 1999
    Fort Collins, CO, USA
    First, read the tacked articles in this forum, specifically the one on "Optics for Practical Long-Range Rifle Shooting", or Part II of the practical long-range shooting series. Everything is explained there.

The click amount should be printed on the knobs. It will either be 0.25 moa/click on both or the top one will be an M1 turret with 1 moa clicks.