Glock Talk banner

Lets Start a Hi Power picture thread right here.

57K views 112 replies 63 participants last post by  akpls 
#1 ·
Here is my MK 2 Browning Hi Power.

#68 ·

#70 ·
Very nice! :)
Thanks. I've had it since 1984.

Any more pics?
No. But it's easy to make more with these new fangled digital cameras. I liked your picture with the slide back. It kind of gives folks perspective on the GPs front sight and counterweight. I don't want to copy yours, so I might do a picture with my Hi Power and my Glock 34 (my PPC guns). If I position the gun cases right, I could have 13 magazines showing.

Did you happen to lose the screws up front? :)
Oh yeah. I suppose you've had yours come loose at the range a few times. I finally lost one at a shoot last year. The new Frankenstein bolts are held tight by a lock washer.

#71 ·
Its in great excellent condition for its age, mines a 87 model.

When I bought mine I field stripped and oiled it, I thought to myself at the time that I don't want to over tighten the screws :) Well I lost one next range trip, after 10 minutes of crawling around I found it again though :)

#72 ·
Its in great excellent condition for its age, mines a 87 model.
The parkerized finish on mine has held up well.

When I bought mine I field stripped and oiled it, I thought to myself at the time that I don't want to over tighten the screws :)
I have a game plan for when the screws finally strip. I have a second set of screws which are a quarter inch longer and a nut for the other side. Meanwhile, I am very careful not to overtighten them. The nice thing about the stock cone shaped screws is that they bottom out before you strip the threads. My solution is dependent on me being an accurate human torque wrench.

Well I lost one next range trip, after 10 minutes of crawling around I found it again though :)
I've crawled around at the range looking for my bolts a few times. When I finally lost one, I didn't notice it until I was home. The Home Depot allen heads at least have the distinction of looking unique.

#74 · (Edited)

#76 ·
Thanks. I was inspired by your pictures. I'd love to have a standard HiPower.
btw, Are those Pachmayr's on your standard HiPower? They look grippy and well padded. How do you like them compared to the GP Competition Pachmayr's?

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.