close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

Welcome to Glock Talk

Why should YOU join our Glock forum?

• Converse with other Glock Enthusiasts
  • Learn about the latest hunting products
  • Becoming a member is FREE and EASY

If you consider yourself a beginner or an avid shooter, the Glock Talk community is your place to discuss self defense, concealed carry, reloading, target shooting, and all things Glock.

Lets Start a Hi Power picture thread right here.

Discussion in 'The Browning Hi Power Club' started by Two Guns, Mar 9, 2008.

1. Two Guns

Two Guns VIP MEMBER

Nov 4, 2004
    NH

2. Two Guns

Two Guns VIP MEMBER

Nov 4, 2004
    NH
    Well yea!They are Hi Powers too.:whistling:

3. rich52us

rich52us

Mar 28, 2006
    WPB, FL
    Just brought my new Charles Daly HP home from the gun show yesterday.:supergrin:

4. mcmoyer

mcmoyer Got Wood?? CLM

Feb 8, 2003
    Austin, Texas
    [​IMG]

My 1969 model...has wood grips on it now though.

:supergrin:

5. Rangegod

Rangegod

Aug 11, 2003
    South FL.
    Here are 8 of my 10 (Note to self; need to update this picture).
    Missing are a new Practical and a Novak Spc Ops built on a new FN.

[​IMG]

JAC

6. Two Guns

Two Guns VIP MEMBER

Nov 4, 2004
    NH
    Rangegod,What is your favorite one?:wow:

7. rich52us

rich52us

Mar 28, 2006
    WPB, FL

Dobber, what model is yours. I love the 2 tone HPs and almost got one this weekend, but the dealer didn't know much about it's history (used). I got a CD HP for about $300 less and I'm trying to get to the range to shoot it. Maybe a real Browning some day soon.

8. Dobber

Dobber Member

Sep 18, 2004
    DFW, TX
    It's a 9mm Practical made in 1993 I got used at the gun show last weekend for $600. It's in good shape and does not look to have been shot much. I have been looking for a while but could not find what I was looking for. My Dad found this one while I was looking at something else and I bought it before he made up his mind. He ended up buying a NIB polished 40 S&W hi power.

9. Berto

Berto woo woo

Sep 15, 2003
    WA
    Arcus 94:

I use Hogue Kingwood panels, trimmed to clear ambi safety, skate tape on frontstrap and 18.5lb spring. No mag disco either.

[​IMG]

Last time out, I shot this 2.1" group at 25yrds using Fiocchi 115gr jhps. It feeds everything I feed it since adjusting the extractor when I first took it off my roomate's hands. Great shooter.

[​IMG]

10. rich52us

rich52us

Mar 28, 2006
    WPB, FL

Thanks Dobber. Looks just like the one I was looking at and the price was the same!

11. rich52us

rich52us

Mar 28, 2006
    WPB, FL

Thanks Dobber. Looks just like the one I was looking at and the price was the same! Enjoy!

12. Rangegod

Rangegod

Aug 11, 2003
    South FL.
    [​IMG]

I would have to say the hard chromed FN I sent to Don Williams a couple of years ago. He did an extensive carry bevel, stippled front & back strap, installed C&S trigger, hammer & sear, Novak (1911 sized) sights, flatten & serrated top of slide 40 lpi and did a full action/reliability job. The grips are thin black Navidrex. Great carry gun.

JAC

13. grecco

grecco

Sep 12, 2004
    philadelphia pa
    Thanks for the ealier reply,
    i ordered the same grips,
    your hi power is a work of art!

14. jedi573

jedi573

May 31, 2006
    Midwest
    Rangegod, have any more info or close-up photos of the Hi-Power at the very bottom? I'm still learning about the platform and its history but at first glance it looks very pleasing to my eye.

Something about the polished blue, spur hammer, and conventional sights looks great to me. :)

Andy

15. Here is the BHP that I bought a couple of weeks ago.[​IMG]

16. Rangegod

Rangegod

Aug 11, 2003
    South FL.
    A quick review of my files turned up one other picture of that HP. It's nothing fancy just a Browning Standard Model as you noted, bright blue with stock sights and factory ambi safeties. The grips are an old pair of Craig Spegel’s I had on hand.

[​IMG]

I picked this gun up for $399 at a gun show with an UGLY set of Pachmayr's on it. It had seen more than a few rounds but was still in overall nice shape. However, I knew as soon as I looked at it that it might need a sear. The first range trip proved me right as the hammer followed down twice in the first 50 round. No problem, I replaced the sear with one of several new ones I had on hand and no problems since then.

JAC

17. sig2009

sig2009

May 3, 2005