Glock Talk banner

Lets Start a Hi Power picture thread right here.

57K views 112 replies 63 participants last post by  akpls 
#1 ·
Here is my MK 2 Browning Hi Power.

#9 ·

Dobber, what model is yours. I love the 2 tone HPs and almost got one this weekend, but the dealer didn't know much about it's history (used). I got a CD HP for about $300 less and I'm trying to get to the range to shoot it. Maybe a real Browning some day soon.

#10 ·
Dobber, what model is yours. I love the 2 tone HPs and almost got one this weekend, but the dealer didn't know much about it's history (used). I got a CD HP for about $300 less and I'm trying to get to the range to shoot it. Maybe a real Browning some day soon.
It's a 9mm Practical made in 1993 I got used at the gun show last weekend for $600. It's in good shape and does not look to have been shot much. I have been looking for a while but could not find what I was looking for. My Dad found this one while I was looking at something else and I bought it before he made up his mind. He ended up buying a NIB polished 40 S&W hi power.

#12 ·
Arcus 94:

I use Hogue Kingwood panels, trimmed to clear ambi safety, skate tape on frontstrap and 18.5lb spring. No mag disco either.

Last time out, I shot this 2.1" group at 25yrds using Fiocchi 115gr jhps. It feeds everything I feed it since adjusting the extractor when I first took it off my roomate's hands. Great shooter.

#13 ·
It's a 9mm Practical made in 1993 I got used at the gun show last weekend for $600. It's in good shape and does not look to have been shot much. I have been looking for a while but could not find what I was looking for. My Dad found this one while I was looking at something else and I bought it before he made up his mind. He ended up buying a NIB polished 40 S&W hi power.

Thanks Dobber. Looks just like the one I was looking at and the price was the same!

#14 ·

Thanks Dobber. Looks just like the one I was looking at and the price was the same! Enjoy!

#15 ·
Rangegod,What is your favorite one?

I would have to say the hard chromed FN I sent to Don Williams a couple of years ago. He did an extensive carry bevel, stippled front & back strap, installed C&S trigger, hammer & sear, Novak (1911 sized) sights, flatten & serrated top of slide 40 lpi and did a full action/reliability job. The grips are thin black Navidrex. Great carry gun.

JAC

#16 ·

I would have to say the hard chromed FN I sent to Don Williams a couple of years ago. He did an extensive carry bevel, stippled front & back strap, installed C&S trigger, hammer & sear, Novak (1911 sized) sights, flatten & serrated top of slide 40 lpi and did a full action/reliability job. The grips are thin black Navidrex. Great carry gun.

JAC
Thanks for the ealier reply,
i ordered the same grips,
your hi power is a work of art!

#17 ·
Rangegod, have any more info or close-up photos of the Hi-Power at the very bottom? I'm still learning about the platform and its history but at first glance it looks very pleasing to my eye.

Something about the polished blue, spur hammer, and conventional sights looks great to me. :)

Andy

#19 ·
Rangegod, have any more info or close-up photos of the Hi-Power at the very bottom?
A quick review of my files turned up one other picture of that HP. It's nothing fancy just a Browning Standard Model as you noted, bright blue with stock sights and factory ambi safeties. The grips are an old pair of Craig Spegel’s I had on hand.

I picked this gun up for $399 at a gun show with an UGLY set of Pachmayr's on it. It had seen more than a few rounds but was still in overall nice shape. However, I knew as soon as I looked at it that it might need a sear. The first range trip proved me right as the hammer followed down twice in the first 50 round. No problem, I replaced the sear with one of several new ones I had on hand and no problems since then.

JAC

#23 ·
i wanna play:supergrin:
i don't know much about it, it was given to me by my uncle who got it from his EX step dad.(REAL long story)
i wanna say it's a bicentennial model but it dosn't say 1 of 200 on the side. there is no box or papers, just the gun and the bag it came in.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.