Glock Talk banner

Lets see those bulpups...

6K views 19 replies 10 participants last post by  RaptorFuel 
#1 ·
Woo Baby!

Lets see those Bulpups!

PICS PICS PICS! Flaunt it if you got it...

Here she is, I call her Vikki...

This is her naked, no optics or upgrades, fresh outta the box.

Here she is all decked out with her new Primary Arms Red Dot(front) and 5X magnifier(back).

Oh yeah, SEXY!

Vikki is an MSAR XM17-E4.

-or-

Microtech Small Arms Research E4

It is the newest generation of aug clone from this USA based company, they have made several improvements throughout the generations and the latest and greatest is the modification to accept and use almost all standard AR-15 mags... SWEET!

I have also added a tactical light with a pressure switch on the front grip.

She sleeps in a custom cut pelican 1700 case with her little brothers, Glock 35 and XD40.

Lets see what you've got....

See less See more
#7 ·
After closer inspection I think the real question is do you "wuv" Vikki? :rofl:

-Emt1581
Well, that is a great question, I am not one of those gun people who will ever argue that one gun is better than the other, nor will I ever speak negatively about another person's choice of firearm. To me, choosing a firearm, researching it, and eventually buying it is a very personal and specific thing.

When I decided to buy a rifle chambered for the .223/5.56 round, I new I wanted something that was unique enough, but still intuitive. It had to be different in certain ways and the same in many others. For me, the use of the bull-pup design was something that always made sense, if you can get the same barrel in an overall shorter and lighter package, why not do it.

The ability to use standardized magazines was the final factor for me, I knew this was my rifle once that fact was discovered.

So, yes, for my tastes, this gun has won my eternal affection, I think Vikki and I will be together for a long time.

#8 ·
Well, that is a great question, I am not one of those gun people who will ever argue that one gun is better than the other, nor will I ever speak negatively about another person's choice of firearm. To me, choosing a firearm, researching it, and eventually buying it is a very personal and specific thing.

When I decided to buy a rifle chambered for the .223/5.56 round, I new I wanted something that was unique enough, but still intuitive. It had to be different in certain ways and the same in many others. For me, the use of the bull-pup design was something that always made sense, if you can get the same barrel in an overall shorter and lighter package, why not do it.

The ability to use standardized magazines was the final factor for me, I knew this was my rifle once that fact was discovered.

So, yes, for my tastes, this gun has won my eternal affection, I think Vikki and I will be together for a long time.
I was referring to the soap dispenser... :whistling:

-Emt1581

#11 ·
I agree with hoven88 on this point, the only similarities seem to be the color and bullpup design...

Also, the AUG was one of the first bullpup designs ever put into major manufacturing, and the changes to the original and to the american made clone have only been very slight.

So, to be more accurate in your statement you would have to say the FS200 looks like the AUG or AUG clones...

#12 ·
MSAR STG556 with a Primary Arms Micro. My father and I both ordered one at the same time, so we have consecutive serial number, which was sorta cool. We purchased ours from Ratworx for $1,050 (w/5 30 round mags) during their Xmas sale and would recommend giving them a call.
I have Lancer mags for my AR's and would have gone with the E4 if they would have worked. About 1,000 rounds down range with out a single hiccup. And having the ability to pop the barrel out makes cleaning a breeze.

Attachments

#14 ·
I almost caved and bought the stg556 but I really wanted to be able to use standard AR mags, so I held out, paid more and waited longer...

Point is, maybe you made the better choice, but I am glad to also see another primary arms customer. Go Primary arms!
You could have bought the STG and then paid $100 or so and turned it into an E4.

That's what I was going to do but the STG holds more rounds standard. For an HD gun that's important.

-Emt1581

#15 · (Edited)
I heard some unpleasant things from those who went the stg556 modified to accept AR mags route, didn't sound like what I was looking for. Kudos to you though, having readily available 40 rnd mags must be sweet. I admit, I was disappointed to loose this 10 rnd advantage.

I'll just stick with PMAGs and hope the day never comes when I need to take advantage of the compatibility by shouting over to an M4 wielding comrade, "Toss me a mag!" If that day ever does come though, I will be glad I can use the same mags as everyone else.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.