Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

Welcome to Glock Forum at

Why should YOU join our forums?

• Reason #1
  • Reason #2
  • Reason #3

Site Description

Lesson of White House strafing: Limit guns now

Discussion in 'Gun-Control Issues' started by HerrGlock, Nov 23, 2011.

1. LongGoneDays

LongGoneDays Misanthropical

Nov 12, 2005
    Took longer than I thought.

2. syntaxerrorsix

syntaxerrorsix Anti-Federalist CLM

Oct 3, 2000
    Lakeland, FL.
    After reading the comments it appears the article did not have it's intended affect. Only one maroon in caps praised the police state and all out tyranny.
  3. Bren

Bren NRA Life Member

Jan 16, 2005
    Considering the left-wingers involved, "limiting guns" may have been the intent of the whole thing. After all, communists have no chance among an armed, free population.

By the way, if the guy was trying to shoot 800 yards with an AK and managed to group them tight enough that 2 or 3 actually hit the white house, he was doing some good shooting.:rofl:
    Last edited: Nov 23, 2011
  4. HerrGlock

HerrGlock Scouts Out CLM

Dec 28, 2000
    I just figure Jesse is trying to be relevant today. Notice I didn't say succeeding, just trying.
  5. Bren

Bren NRA Life Member

Jan 16, 2005
    I skipped over the author's name.
  6. It's amazing that people try SOO hard to find some way to make a connection to "gun-grab" attempts and this administration, even though the only gun-bills signed in the White House over the last few years have been pro gun.

Jesse Jackson is preaching to his base in Chicago, and that's completely unsurprising. The folks in Chicago are the ones keeping IL from joining the other 49 states in carry laws (though that's changing). As usually happens, he's getting no traction and won't get any.

In other words, it's just a stunt to get his name back in the headlines and has no bearing on reality at all.
  7. pugman

May 16, 2003
    As a have my sympathy.

23 Days and counting..we are finally in the majority.

Its funny how people think though. My permit has been in the mail for a few days...expect it as an early Christmas present :supergrin:

I don't advertise my application, but when I ask people why I shouldn't get my permit..this is when the fun really starts. Their comments are so washed in decades of incoherent garbage you seriously have to sit back and wonder how these people really think.

What is even more fun is when they try and bait me. A coworker recently approcahed me and asked what would I do if I saw a guy pulling some woman out of his car screaming at her.

I said "I wouldn't do anything...I'm not the police. How do I know its not some happily married couple having that once a year fight. If I thought it was going to get violent, I would intervene..but the firearm would be the last thing I would use."

"You wouldn't go over and try and shoot him?"

And while it is funny...there is the scary part. Someone who doesn't have a permit....but if he went to get one...his first thought in this situation would be to go over and shoot the man?
  8. HerrGlock

HerrGlock Scouts Out CLM

Dec 28, 2000
    Projection is the primary resistance of any carry law. Some people cannot comprehend that not everyone thinks as they do nor is everyone as violent in thought as they are. They think this way therefore everyone thinks this way.
  9. badge315

Aug 14, 2008
    Middleburg, FL
    I love the last line in JJ's diatribe about not needing to wait for another leader to be shot. Doesn't he really mean black leader? Because I'm pretty sure he wouldn't have been all that upset if GWB had been shot. :upeyes:
  10. aircarver

aircarver Ride Continues Silver Member

We know who the enemy is and are working to remove them.

11. I'm not a conspiricy theorist but if someone told me 3 years ago the DOJ under this administration would try and fabricate support for a weapons ban by conducting Opperation F&F I would have told them they'er out of their mind. And then DOJ got their hand caught in the cookie jar. Anyone who says this is not the caser is either a liar or or a fool.

Now from the same DOJ we're supposed to believe that some nut job can take a POS (SKS?) carbine and hit a target from 800 yards? This may in fact be the actual case but my faith in this DOJ has been shattered. I'll wait till the next administration takes over and purges all of the DOJ of the current Obama cronies before I put any trust in them again.
  12. Carrys

Carrys Inquisitive

Dec 28, 2006
    Green Country

Elect the great one again......................then hide and watch, eh?

But that's simply my opinion.

But that opinion is based in part on the understanding of the true intent behind such debacles as the Fast and Furious scam.
    Last edited: Nov 23, 2011
  13. 8-Ball

8-Ball Old SoulSoul

Aug 30, 2004
    It makes me feel warm and fuzzy reading the comments and seeing all but one make sense and defend the second amendment.
  14. My reply:

First of all, there is no evidence that the 1994-2004 Assault Weapons Ban had any effect at all on crime. Second, gun bans only disarm the law-abiding, the ones who do not commit crimes. The suspect in this case, who had several run-ins with the law, probably could not legally own a firearm anyway -- not if he was a convicted felon. Third, I do not believe that ownership of assault weapons is legal in the District of Columbia.

I am saddened that you have learned nothing from Chicago's failed gun ban. Or the failed gun ban in the District of Columbia, for that matter.

More gun control is not the answer. It is only the same failed response to a high-profile situation.
  15. Hines57

Hines57 Simple Member

Jan 17, 2001
    On the road
    Maybe a PSL, one of the Draganov clones. It might be capable.
  16. mhunter

Jul 25, 2011
    Glad I finally decided to purchase my first AR...
  17. wjv

Jan 17, 2002
    Pacific NW
    1-2 bullets =strafing?????
  18. mgs

mgs Always Carrying Millennium Member

Dec 21, 1998
    cogan station, pa, usa
    Consider the author....not a clue, Mike.
  19. Jesse needs to learn how to count better.

He claims 30,000 a year die from gun violence on the us.

The real number is about 1/3 of that.

Not to mention that while he did recognise that gun ownership is at an all time high, he forgot to mention that violent crime is at a low.