close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

Welcome to Glock Talk

Why should YOU join our Glock forum?

• Converse with other Glock Enthusiasts
  • Learn about the latest hunting products
  • Becoming a member is FREE and EASY

If you consider yourself a beginner or an avid shooter, the Glock Talk community is your place to discuss self defense, concealed carry, reloading, target shooting, and all things Glock.

Less-than-lethal 12 gauge rounds for HD?

Discussion in 'Tactical Shotguns' started by new2mud, Sep 14, 2010.

1. new2mud

new2mud

Aug 26, 2004
    Lots of folks are advocates of 00 buck or #4 buck, but I'm hearing a bit about less-than-lethal rounds for HD. Anyone care to explain?

2. AC45ACP

AC45ACP

Dec 10, 2008
    N. Texas
    If there in MY HOUSE there DEAD!
    there getting 00, and/or Slugs or .45acp
    NO need for less then leathal

3. El_Ron1

El_Ron1 AAAAAAAAGHHH!!!

Apr 15, 2004
    Redneck Sparta
    Maybe for breakin' up dogfights and daycare riots.

4. If you ever have to shoot anyone it should be for one reason and one reason only: To get them to stop what they are doing! If they happen to die that is their fault. I suggest you risk your life attempting to stop someone with "less-than-lethal rounds". If they are full of drugs they may not even feel the ltl round and grab the shotgun and beat you to death with it.

Both my home shotguns (one on each floor) have #4 shot.

5. keninnavarre

keninnavarre bulletproof

Jan 16, 2008
    Florida
    If it dont need killin' it dont need shootin'. LTL is for riots, more PC for the media.

6. CTfam

CTfam DREAM BIG.

Feb 19, 2006
    Paradise
    I agree with this. You don't want to bounce a bean bag off someones skull and have them drop dead. Maybe look into a taser or OC spray for less lethal.

Last edited: Sep 14, 2010
  7. Glockdude1

Glockdude1 Federal Member CLM

May 24, 2000
    Beaumont,Texas
    :thumbsup:

8. Johan Beer

Johan Beer

May 2, 2005
    You're just opening up yourself to litigation and retribution. If they can be shot legally, do it correctly.

9. Agree with the rest.

If you point a shotgun at someone that is loaded with a less then lethal round it is the same as pointing a shotgun at them that is loaded with buckshot.

If you shoot a person in your home with a LTL round they will claim you were just trying to injure or maim them, had no reason to shoot them, and file a nice lawsuit.

If it needs shooting it needs to be shot correctly.