close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

Welcome to Glock Talk

Why should YOU join our Glock forum?

• Converse with other Glock Enthusiasts
  • Learn about the latest hunting products
  • Becoming a member is FREE and EASY

If you consider yourself a beginner or an avid shooter, the Glock Talk community is your place to discuss self defense, concealed carry, reloading, target shooting, and all things Glock.

LEO Encounter

Discussion in 'Carry Issues' started by Stevekozak, Nov 26, 2011.

1. Stevekozak

Stevekozak Returning video

Nov 9, 2008
    Had my first LEO encounter while carrying yesterday. Went well. I was pulling onto the bypass when I noticeda loose feedsack was blowing up out of the bed of my truck. I pulled over to the side of the road and hopped out to secure it. As I got out, a deputy sherrif pulled in behind me. I secured the sack as he got out of the car. I told him that what I was doing and he said that he had been about to pull me over anyway for having a brake light out. I told him I was unaware of the brakelight. He asked me for my license and I gave it to him along with CCW permit. He just glanced at it and asked me if I was carrying. I said "yes". He said "where". I said " behind my hip" and he said "ok, please have a sit in your vehicle while I fill out a contact card". He returned a moment later and said have a good day and get that brakelight fixed. We shook hands and drove our seperate ways. No muss, no fuss. That is the way it should be.

2. Brucev

Brucev

Jul 19, 2009

3. packsaddle

packsaddle

Jan 15, 2009
    This can't be true.

We always follow standard protocol when dealing with CCWs:

1. confiscate weapon
    2. deploy taser
    3. arrest

Are you sure you weren't just dreaming?

4. crsuribe

crsuribe 10mm Auto

Jul 3, 2010
    OH
    Awesome. That's the way both of my encounters developed.

Even though I was completely clumsy and stupid and forgot to inform within the first minute or so in a state that requires it. Officer didn't even mention it but I felt stupid for making the mistake.

I absolutely applaud professional Policemen like these. Then again, a lot of people carry in my area and cops are all for CCW.

Last edited: Nov 26, 2011
  5. Stevekozak

Nov 9, 2008
    Arkansas.

6. LongGoneDays

LongGoneDays Misanthropical

Nov 12, 2005
    Louisiana
    The way it should be, but not the way it always will be.

7. Mr.Reignman

Mr.Reignman

Mar 26, 2011
    In no particular order of course :p:rofl:

8. alaskacop556

alaskacop556

Oct 19, 2009
    Alaska
    LEO's put their pants on the same way as anyone else.....pro-gun states generally have pro-gun police. This situation was handled well by both parties involved.

However, just remember that if you travel to a less-than-friendly gun state your going to come across not-so-gun friendly police (particulary in urban areas). Does not make it right but that may be the local culture and ALWAYS tell an LEO you are armed, even if you aren't required to...believe me it will avoid a lot of undo stress and anxiety from both of you.

9. pilsbury

pilsbury

Apr 23, 2010
    Gotham City
    Good deal, that's the way it ought to be. Both parties courteous and respectful.

10. MikeLadner

MikeLadner DILLIGAFF?

Jul 4, 2001
    South Mississippi
    And that's the way it generally goes if you get pulled over by me....

11. NEOH212

NEOH212 Diesel Girl

Mar 25, 2008
    North East Ohio
    :rofl::rofl::rofl:

12. NEOH212

NEOH212 Diesel Girl

Mar 25, 2008
    North East Ohio
    Despite what many people would want us to think, this is the way it ends 99.9% of the time.

And is the way it should be. :cool:

13. Darkangel1846

Darkangel1846

Jul 19, 2004
    Oregon
    Why did he ask if you were packen and why did he ask where? Wasn't it enough to know when you gave him the CCW permit.

14. Stevekozak

Nov 9, 2008
    I guess he wanted to know. Maybe for his contact card. I didn't have a problem with it. He didn't ask to see it. Everything was professional as far as I was concerned.

15. Resqu2

Resqu2

Aug 24, 2007
    SouthWest VA
    I informed a Va State Trooper of my CCW during a stop once, he simply replied don't show me yours and I won't show you mine. Gotta love good ol VA.