Lemon Gun Stories

Discussion in 'General Firearms Forum' started by Nib-XG26, Feb 18, 2012.

1. Thanks for all of the responses, I guess this goes to show any gun can have problems from time to time.

Wanna kill these ads? We can help!
  2. I almost bought one of those AMT .45's years ago had the pawn shop not misrepresented it in their ad.

They had an ad in the Sunday paper like 20 years ago advertising it as new---when I go there to buy it they hand me this old beat up POS---sorry but I'll pass.

Good thing I did in hindsight.

#42 G19freak, Feb 19, 2012
    Last edited: Feb 19, 2012
  3. NEOH212

NEOH212 Diesel Girl

I got to thinking, it would be amusing if Taurus came out with a gun and called it the lemon.

I don't think it would sell as no one would realize that the Lemon was actually a new model.

:whistling:

4. mgs

mgs Always Carrying
    Millennium Member

Springfield 1911 4" Champion...only fed Ball with Ball mags even after a full gunsmith enema. I bought it used and traded it on a G23 after trying 6 different loads. It worked with Ball period. The only 1911 I still have is a series 70 Gold Cup but looking for a Stainless 1911 next, Mike.

5. Only had one in all my years. A Remington 7400 synthetic in 30-06 I got from Wal Mart (not that it matters where it came from) Thought this would be a great rifle, short, compact and powerful. Sucker would jam and jam. Tried plastic magazine, another metal magazine, cleaned and cleaned the chamber. To no avail. Traded it for a Browning Safari in 30-06. 15 years later it has yet to jam a single time.

6. Springfield Champion GI and a Colt Talo New Agent

7. :rofl::rofl: At least you would expect it then!!

8. Reading this made me remember a couple more guns I have owned that were "junk". 2 Remington model 742 30-06's just were horrible would fire fine one day and the next couldn't get through the whole magazine. BUT I do own a Remington 742 in 6mm that is perfect!

9. NEOH212

NEOH212 Diesel Girl

Yea, watch it be the best one yet and actually work!

(I won't hold my breath though as I'll turn blue and hell will freeze over before Taurus ever makes a quality product.)

:supergrin:

10. Kel-Tec P3AT... X 2... :upeyes:

11. Spiffums

Spiffums I.C.P.

The only "bad" gun I ever had was a Glock 17. This was back in 1991. No one could hit the side of a barn with that thing. I traded it back in on something else and avoided Glocks till 1999 when I decided to give them another shot. I got my 34 then and it is the best gun I have ever owned.

12. hogship

hogship It's MY Island

[​IMG]

I don't think this Iver Johnson target sealed "8" ever had a cylinder full that didn't have a misfire.......

ooc

13. NDGlock

NDGlock OIF2, KFOR12

Intrigued now....what did you get if you don't mind me asking?

14. Totally unexpected lemons:

HK USP 9MM: Not exactly a jammomatic, but enough extraction problems to royally piss me off for a $750 + handgun.

Stoeger Cougar: Terrible ejection problems no matter what I did or ammo I used. This kept me from PX4s for along time...

15. Just goes to show any gun can have problems, they are just machines and machines do fail on occasion. It just hurts more the more you pay!:whistling:

16. Never good when a dedicated carry weapon fails
    I had the same gun with some issues needless to say its now gone:steamed:

17. DJ Niner

The model 469 9mm recall was for a problem with the safety lever and half-cock notch potentially leaving the hammer in an unsafe position after a partial manual cocking or partial DA trigger pull.

The model 586 .357 recall was the hammer-nose and/or hammer-nose bushing (surrounds the little hole where the hammer-nose (firing pin) passes through the frame and strikes the primer). If the bushing sunk below the level of the surrounding frame, primers could back-out slightly on firing, binding the cylinder (really tight).

The first and forth recalls shown on the page linked below:

http://firearmsid.com/Recalls/FA_Recalls 5.htm

#58 DJ Niner, Feb 23, 2012
    Last edited: Feb 23, 2012
  18. NAA Guardian 380 - fail to go into battery, FTE, sold it, repplaced it with Sig P238, never looked back.

In 2003 I had a Kimber TLE II SS with an external extractor - 'nough said! I trade it for HK USP Tactical .45, that one experiance kind of destroyed my interest in Kimbers

19. byf43

byf43 NRA Life Member

Two pistols. Both S&W.

• S&W mdl 39-2. POS. Couldn't get it to feed a full magazine at all.
    My Dad had a co-worker that wanted it badly.
    Told him the issue. He didn't care.
    Gone!!

• S&W mdl 5906. Early, early 3rd Gen. pistol. (Nice looking pistol!)
    Slide mounted safety a female dog to operate!
    Flakes of metal and what looked like stainless steel 'sand' or 'powder' coming off of the frame/slide.
    No matter what lube or grease I used, it still galled.
    Sent it back to S&W.
    "No problem found."
    Grip panel recall. S&W shipped arched and flat grip panels at my request.
    Pistol still galling itself to pieces.
    Sent back to S&W.
    Came back, "No problem found."

Was later determined that the slide and gripframe were the same hardness stainless steel. (That's why the galling.)
    Guy at my sportsman's club wanted it. Told him of the issue. He didn't care! Sold! Gone!!

#60 byf43, Feb 23, 2012
    Last edited: Feb 23, 2012