close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

Welcome to Glock Talk

Why should YOU join our Glock forum?

• Converse with other Glock Enthusiasts
  • Learn about the latest hunting products
  • Becoming a member is FREE and EASY

If you consider yourself a beginner or an avid shooter, the Glock Talk community is your place to discuss self defense, concealed carry, reloading, target shooting, and all things Glock.

LEGALIZE AUTOMATIC Petition (easy)

Discussion in 'The Cutting Edge' started by jjtroutbum, Jan 25, 2010.

1. jjtroutbum

jjtroutbum Armedflyfishing

Jan 23, 2008
    St. Louis Mo

2. stgha

stgha

Aug 26, 2007
    Pataskala OH
  3. tripton

tripton

Jan 15, 2007
    So....

What happens after 1000 people sign an internet petition? (Whom firefox tells me is based in Israel)

4. KiloBravo

KiloBravo Lifetime Newb

It appears as though I was number 511. I also added a constructive comment about why good citizens should be able to carry whatever type of blade they choose. :wavey:

5. Davegrave

Davegrave Dapper Dan

Sep 1, 2005
    NW IN
    Signed.
    This is one of those silly laws that drives me crazy.

6. actionpup

actionpup Psycho Pup!

Dec 2, 2001
    Psychotropics
    Sorry, but lazy online petitions hold no weight and are virtually useless. If someone wants to change the law, it takes much more than a trivial online petition. They are often used (sold) to create email or snail mail mailing lists. I suggest getting the backing of some pro-issue organizations by gaining capital and hiring a lobbyist. Then move forward from there. Create some stink by becoming activists and moving folks to write their congressmen, governors, and other leaders as well as staging some protests and having as many activists as possible make personal visits to the various leadership. Fighting long-established law is tough. Bureaucracy will fight tooth and nail to preserve their roll (and paychecks). Sheeple will fight anything that looks scary as well and they know how to work the system. Convince enough folks that the cause is serious and well organized and you might get the sensible masses to move to your six and back you. Remember, the sensible masses don't like their time wasted so they won't back the movement unless their is better than a snowballs chance in hell. Just be prepared for the long haul.

7. tripton

tripton

Jan 15, 2007
    Yep. Exactly.

8. polizei1

polizei1 It WAS Quack

Feb 3, 2009
    Cincinnati, OH