close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

Welcome to Glock Talk

Why should YOU join our Glock forum?

• Converse with other Glock Enthusiasts
  • Learn about the latest hunting products
  • Becoming a member is FREE and EASY

If you consider yourself a beginner or an avid shooter, the Glock Talk community is your place to discuss self defense, concealed carry, reloading, target shooting, and all things Glock.

Legal to wear holster without having firearm on you?

Discussion in 'Florida Glockers Club' started by passive101, Jul 14, 2007.

1. passive101

passive101

Nov 26, 2006
    Indiana
    I'm trying to get used to this holster which shoves itself into my side. Can I legally be wearing a holster when I'm out and about if I have my glock in the glove box of my car?

Doing errands around town. Getting a box at mail boxes etc, getting some groceries, etc?

2. rich52us

rich52us

Mar 28, 2006
    WPB, FL
    Holsters are no regulated. It is not illegal to wear a holster.

3. cocked@locked

cocked@locked senior member

Jul 4, 2003
    Shepard in the valley,
    I never seen someone in the slam for that. firearms are regulated by law not holsters, you will be fine.

4. passive101

passive101

Nov 26, 2006
    Indiana
    I do not yet have a ccw permit. I was not allowed to receive one from a live scan so I'm going to send in a regular ink print which will take 3 months. It will be a wait but till worth it.

5. NC Bullseye

NC Bullseye

Aug 14, 2006
    Foothills
    Gotta have SOME place to put that twinkie while you open the door with a cup of coffee..... :banana:

6. rvrctyrngr

rvrctyrngr Senior Moment

Sep 15, 2004
    Gator Nation
    Why would you want to?

7. passive101

passive101

Nov 26, 2006
    Indiana
    I've never used a holster before and was wondering how uncomfortable it would be to sit in a car and if my shirt would snag on the holster when I got up etc.

No issues at walmart (but I only had a holster)

8. rich52us

rich52us

Mar 28, 2006
    WPB, FL
    Passive, be aware that it will still feel very different with the bulk and weight of your CCW in the holster. It takes up more space and has more potential to snag or print than just a holster. I understand what you're trying to do, but I'm not sure it really accomplishes very much.

9. Skyhook

Skyhook

Nov 4, 2002
    USA
    Funny thread.

Actually, I induced an anxiety crisis in a female customer at a FBO at a local airport just by having my beltslide Bianchi on. Yep, she went off-scale because I had an empty holster.

Of course, this is NYS and she was from the Manhattan Project.:upeyes:

10. rvrctyrngr

rvrctyrngr Senior Moment

Sep 15, 2004
    Gator Nation
    Gotcha. That's one of the reasons I tend to prefer paddle holsters. My gun isn't worth much to me if I can't reach it when I'm in the car. The paddle holsters I use allow a slight adjustment forward that gives access while seated. Just slide it back when exiting the vehicle.

11. passive101

passive101

Nov 26, 2006
    Indiana
    I have a CTAC and it is quite hard to move the holster. It holds on with plastic hooks on both sides.

12. rvrctyrngr

rvrctyrngr Senior Moment

Sep 15, 2004
    Gator Nation
    No Kidding! Just takes some experimentation to find what truly fits your particular needs.

13. Grimsi

Grimsi Restored member

May 24, 2002
    Nevada

Whoooo dude, knarly!

14. Be careful with that empty holster. It DOES signal to others that you might have a weapon near your person. Why else would you have an empty holster?

Could get you into trouble if "The Law" wants to search your car "on the premises" as he now has probable cause that you have a firearm. Consider the USPS. A gun in your car is STILL on prohibited "gun property" if you're in their parking lot. Same with federal or other "off limits" places...

15. Gmountain

Gmountain

May 8, 2004
    Florida
    Probable cause of what? There has to probable cause of some crime. What crime are you referring to?

16. passive101

passive101

Nov 26, 2006
    Indiana
    I'm not one that tries to break the law. I have a clean driving record. Nothing on it in the last 6 years plus.

17. rvrctyrngr

rvrctyrngr Senior Moment

Sep 15, 2004
    Gator Nation
    Ummmm....having a gun is not a crime. "The Law" would need a tad bit more than an empty holster noticed on a belt to have enough 'reasonable suspicion' to effect a search.

I'll leave the USPS stuff alone...been beaten to death.

18. Having a firearm where you're not allowed to. :upeyes:

I could walk around all day with an empty crack pipe hanging out of my mouth...and I would EXPECT some questions/harrassment, too. :upeyes: