close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

Welcome to Glock Talk

Why should YOU join our Glock forum?

• Converse with other Glock Enthusiasts
  • Learn about the latest hunting products
  • Becoming a member is FREE and EASY

If you consider yourself a beginner or an avid shooter, the Glock Talk community is your place to discuss self defense, concealed carry, reloading, target shooting, and all things Glock.

Left handed bolt rifle suggestions?

Discussion in 'Rimfire Forum' started by 1041TX, Nov 1, 2011.

1. 1041TX

1041TX

Jul 4, 2011
    ATX
    Howdy all-

Sucks being left handed, especially when looking for a bolt gun.

I'm looking for something to play with at the range to get my target shooting skills up. I looked at the Savage MKII GL but the banana-esque mag sticking out kills it for me. I'm looking for something a little more refined but that isn't going to break the bank. Too bad there isn't a MKII TR in a left handed version.

The CZ 452 American looks promising. Truth be told, I'm kinda partial to a synthetic stock.

Thoughts?

2. IIRC savage has a lower capacity mag for the mkii.

Look at the other mkii models on savages web site and you can see it.

Last edited: Nov 2, 2011

3. PlasticGuy

PlasticGuy

Jul 10, 2000
    Savage makes 5 round mags in addition to the 10 round mags. When I saw the thread title though, CZ was my first thought. It's a classy .22 and it is unbelievably accurate. Mine is right handed, but I see ne reason why the left handed version wouldn't be just as accurate.

4. buyobuyo

buyobuyo

Nov 22, 2008
    Socorro, NM
    When I was looking for my left-hand bolt .22 I looked Savages but they didn't do it for me. I went with a CZ 452 American. It's a great little gun, and the factory mag is a 5 rounder. They do make a 10 round mag if you decide you want one. Only downside is that the mags are expensive ($30+).

5. mgs

mgs Always Carrying Millennium Member

Dec 21, 1998
    cogan station, pa, usa
    I have a Remington 581L and love it. They do show up once in a while at gun shows/shops. 24 or 26" barrel and a tack driver, Mike.

6. hagan34

hagan34

Mar 28, 2011
    Lexington, KY
    I went with a savage when I bought my .17. Stacked the first 3 shots out of it on top of each other.... Almost went with the CZ but that lil 17 is tack driver. If your not on a tight budget anschutz are hard to beat.

7. SouthpawShooter

SouthpawShooter Rocker Glocker

Mar 9, 2011
    As long as the grip or stock isn't some weird shape that makes it impossible to shoot it left handed, just learn to work the bolt on a standard rifle.

My ex had a TC that I couldn't shoot because the grip was molded for use in the right hand, and that was weird. Come to think of it, she had a Makarov that had the same thing. Couldn't shoot that either.

But I have no problem working the bolt with my right. I kinda like it because if I ever had to rapid fire, I could do it faster than a righty could.

P.S. Yeah, I know it's a movie, but check out how the American sniper (Barry Pepper) in "Saving Pvt. Ryan" works his rifle. He's a lefty shooter with a right handed bolt action.

Last edited: Nov 17, 2011
  8. MedicOni

MedicOni

Nov 19, 2008
    Central NM
    I really want a MkII left handed. I had a right handed version which I loved, even if I had to reach across the rifle to work the bolt.

9. Southpaw69

Southpaw69

Dec 28, 2007
    California
    I'm left handed and have always used right handed bolt actions. I never had the option of a left handed version so I just got used to using my right hand to work the bolt...it's not so bad.