close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

Welcome to Glock Talk

Why should YOU join our Glock forum?

• Converse with other Glock Enthusiasts
  • Learn about the latest hunting products
  • Becoming a member is FREE and EASY

If you consider yourself a beginner or an avid shooter, the Glock Talk community is your place to discuss self defense, concealed carry, reloading, target shooting, and all things Glock.

Lee Turret

Discussion in 'Reloading' started by GMT, Oct 27, 2011.

1. GMT

GMT GMT224

Jan 16, 2002
    Eastern nc
    I've had a Lee turret press for a while now. Started reloading 45acp. The results were pretty good for a part time reloader like me. I decided sometime ago to start trying my luck with 9mm. My problem is this. The press won't index correctly. I've tried the index correction recommended by Lee. The turret holes refuse to line up. I'm frustrated to say the least. Ant advice is greatly appreciated.

2. Uncle Don

Uncle Don Wood butcher

Jan 24, 2004
    Midwest
    You didn't say if it is a 3 or 4 hole press. I'm assuming a 4 hole. My advise is first to make sure you have dies in the turret because setting for the mass is important.

If the die is not coming around far enough, take the turret and the index rod out and while holding the rod, use a proper sized wrench to slightly turn the nut on top clockwise. If the die is going beyond center, do the same thing, but turn the nut counter-clockwise. Just a little at a time and try it. Once it's set, you don't have to deal with it again.

If it's a three hole - we have a different procedure and you can let me know. It's been along time, but I think I remember how to do that as well.

Last edited: Oct 27, 2011

3. GMT

GMT GMT224

Jan 16, 2002
    Eastern nc
    Thanks. I really appreciate the help.