Lee-ness

Discussion in 'Reloading' started by Zombie Steve, Dec 20, 2011.

1. :popcorn:

Wanna kill these ads? We can help!
  2. jlbeasley1976

jlbeasley1976 Southern BTGOG

Alright kids. Enough. I will not stand by and listen to you guys bad mouth Lee products anymore. Especially when they produce bullets as fine as these consistently one after another.
    View attachment 235532
    View attachment 235533

3. A little file work and those boolits are ready for loadin!

4. jlbeasley1976

jlbeasley1976 Southern BTGOG

Figured I might need to clear it up before someone goes to thinking I'm knocking lee. As a broke, cheap newbie, 9 months ago when I started reloading all I bought was lee products. Dies, molds, press, everything Lee. And of right this moment, I am completely happy and have had no problems whatsoever with my startup kit

5. Ok Gentlemen-
    Both Steve's, Uncle Don and Fred.
    I will be the voice of reason here.
    Like many of you I also own Dillon, Lee and Hornady & RCBS reloading and casting equipment.
    Most of it I have been satisfied with the performance.
    When I got ready to buy my first press, a guy from my club for many years gave me one piece of advice. Don't buy any Lee Stuff.
    He was wrong. I use Lee casting molds-I do find the 6 cavity molds better then the 2 cavity-
    I use a Lee priming tool. Have since day one.
    I use a Lee casting pot. It runs fine, although some day I will break down and buy either an RCBS or Lyman. Want more temp control.
    I run a Dillon case feeder on my 550. I love it. Most don't.
    I bought but seldom use my Hornady Lock and load case prep center. Although it works fine, and looks really cool on my reloading bench.
    I have a Mec sizemaster shotshell press. I love loading shot shells, although I don't shoot many rounds of trap. If I shot more trap I would buy a progressive shot shell press.
    I use a Rock Chucker for my rifle rounds, and low volume pistol loads.
    My first press was a Lyman turret. I traded it to one of the guys here on GTR.
    My Molds are Lee 2 and 6 cavity, and Lyman 2 cavity
    So what do I have that I wouldn't buy again?
    - Lyman Turret. Nothing really wrong with it, except I didn't like the loose linkage.
    -Lee 2 cavity molds. But they are incredibly cheap to purchase. Most of them make good enough pistol plinking bullets. But if I did it again, I would only buy the Lee 6 cavity molds.
    What would I buy more of?
    Lee dies. Their pistol dies are IMO, better for my use then the RCBS dies I own. I like the decapping die Lee makes better then either the RCBS or the Dillon's I own.

6. Steel Head

Steel Head Tactical Cat

Another happy Leenewbie:wavey:

7. This is too much trouble. I ain't reading this any more. Post are too long for me.

8. Zombie Steve

Zombie Steve Decap Pin Killa

I done said I cast a few ten thousand boolits from the last mold block, and they's purty and akrit boolits.

Muh point was (and is) that like the 1982 Ford Fiesta, most Leequipment will get you from point A to point B.

I love the RCBS Rockchucker. RCBS dies... so-so. Lee Classic Turret - WORKS! Most other Lee stuff I've dealt with is poop sauce. If'n I was gonna buy Dillon, I'd leave the Square Deal in the dreamy Blue Press pages. They all have strengths and weaknesses... Lee just has an inordinate amount of poop sauce. Some of the stuff works, but you're driving a Ford Fiesta any way you slice it.

In case you didn't catch it... I rock a green press for 9 calibers. 550B on the side for .45 auto.

9. Zombie Steve

Zombie Steve Decap Pin Killa

Don't touch the sprue handle when you pour. You're essentially engaging the cam on the sprue plate.

10. Think of it as the War and Peace of posts.