close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

Welcome to Glock Talk

Why should YOU join our Glock forum?

• Converse with other Glock Enthusiasts
  • Learn about the latest hunting products
  • Becoming a member is FREE and EASY

If you consider yourself a beginner or an avid shooter, the Glock Talk community is your place to discuss self defense, concealed carry, reloading, target shooting, and all things Glock.

LEDS and EMPS

Discussion in 'Survival/Preparedness Forum' started by kewa0501, Feb 7, 2012.

1. kewa0501

kewa0501

Feb 28, 2010
    While I realize incan lights are basically a thing of the past now that high power low consumption LEDS are on the market. The problem being that if an EMP (probably unlikely...but who knows!) occurs in the area you live would that LED light be as worthless as the latest fuel injected car?

Is there a place for one of those old surefire incandescent lights in a kit?

2. cowboy1964

cowboy1964

Sep 4, 2009
    U.S.A.
    Probably. New fangled lights have quite a bit of miniature circuitry in them. OTOH, EMP is vastly overblown in some respects.

Last edited: Feb 7, 2012

3. Kadetklapp

Kadetklapp Methberry PD

Jan 2, 2007
    I agree EMP tends to be blown a bit out of proportion, but it is something I plan for. I figure a widespread EMP attack will have serious consequences on our modern infrastructure but I doubt ALL vehicles will be knocked out, etc. That being said, not a bad idea to have some incan lighting laying around. Luckily, I'm there.