close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

Leave it to the media . . .

Discussion in 'Cop Talk' started by Morris, Feb 5, 2013.

1. . . . to find fault with this.

http://www.king5.com/news/investiga...riffs-departments-selling-guns-189740571.html

And for the record, Adam Klein is no fan of cops, contrary to what he says publicly.

This "news media" outfit would probably flip to find out agencies routinely exchange old guns for new. They'd flip even more if they knew a gun shop existed on the Seattle PD range (my range and a great shop for members and cops!).

Because of nonsense like this, my agency destroyed over $20k worth of seized firearms because the city had a law in place prohibiting it. For those from the Seattle area, a batch of Jim Cloward custom builds (preeminent custom gunsmith in the area). That $20k would have outfitted every officer with their own issued rifle, replacement Glocks with spares and a heap of training ammunition and Simunition rounds.

The fools fail to realize that there is a clear chain here: guns get traded to a FFL, who then sells them to someone who has passed the FBI NICS check. GW is one of three LE wholesalers for Glocks in the state and one of the biggest distributors. Hell, even the feds buy from them!

2. jakebrake

jakebrake cracker

Jan 11, 2011
    too close to philly
    there's a shop in jersey that sells them for the d.a.'s office, complete with the evidence tape still on the boxes.

i believe the model 29 used in a suicide was sold on gunbroker from washington state.

3. One of the first shotguns I purchased was a Model 12 with WSP stamped on the receiver. The gun shop let me cherry pick out the one I wanted. Sound familiar?: "I should have never sold that one!"

4. wprebeck

wprebeck Got quacks?

Oct 20, 2002
    Mm..looks like heaven
    Kentucky state law requires that all guns seized (after court is over and no owner can be found) be sold at auction, and the funds are used to buy body armor for police departments.

5. What a load of sh##. Is there any gun that police like to face on the streets in the hands of a criminal? It's not like the guns are bad in themselves and if they are sold to responsible law abiding citizens I don't see what the problem is.

Don't let the facts get in the way of a good story

6. txleapd

txleapd Hook 'Em Up

Aug 27, 2004
    TX
    My 870 was a police trade in. It'd be cool if it was marked by the department it came from.

Posted using Outdoor Hub Campfire

7. A load of crap. I would love to get some of the stuff in our evidence.

8. Oh... saw a pristine HK SP89 get marked for destruction because of CA law, it was found property, but no owner... I went home and cried for a few days.

9. DaBigBR

DaBigBR No Infidels!

Oct 28, 2005
    Circling the wagons.
    I heard a story recently where a guy went to a buyback and undercut the agency doing the buyback, offering more money for the guns. More power to them. I know a lot of junk comes in at these things, but I cringe at the thought of some of the rare and collectible, or modern and serviceable, or worse yet, pre-86 registerable machine guns and stuff that get turned in for a ****in' gift card.

10. Thats King5 for you. They do that.

11. Just_plinking

Just_plinking

Jan 24, 2012
    At an average of $200 a pop I'm sure none of them came into contact with gang bangers who could have bought a hi-point for less.

12. OfficerSurvival

OfficerSurvival

Dec 6, 2012
    Morris-

I think that we can probably both agree that logic and western Washington rarely coexist. Particularly in regards to firearms.

//Jake

Posted using Outdoor Hub Campfire