close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

Welcome to Glock Talk

Why should YOU join our Glock forum?

• Converse with other Glock Enthusiasts
  • Learn about the latest hunting products
  • Becoming a member is FREE and EASY

If you consider yourself a beginner or an avid shooter, the Glock Talk community is your place to discuss self defense, concealed carry, reloading, target shooting, and all things Glock.

Leave it to a motor...

Discussion in 'Cop Talk' started by CAcop, Oct 26, 2011.

1. CAcop

CAcop

Jul 21, 2002
    California
    ...to manage to get enough rust in the cocking serrations for me to think he had carnitas in there.

Trust me with him carnitas is a distinct possiblity.

2. DaBigBR

DaBigBR No Infidels!

Oct 28, 2005
    Circling the wagons.
    Nice.

For us it's always the pool shotguns in the cars. The Chief went cheap, so we got 870 Expresses and nobody (but me) is willing to take the time to clean them. That means that I spend an hour per gun getting all of the surface rust off and relubricating them.

3. JBaird22

JBaird22

Nov 18, 2005
    Washington
    If its everyone's responsibility, its no one's responsibility. This holds extremely true for firearms. Although your duty handgun should be taken care of but to some people its no more important than the bic pen in their pocket.

4. SDforce

SDforce Desk Jockey

Nov 19, 2000
    Los Angeles, CA
    Ok, so it was carnitas... Hey, I get hungry a lot!

Last edited: Oct 27, 2011
  5. ateamer

ateamer NRA4EVR

Lol...CACop, I know exactly who you mean.

6. Kadetklapp

Kadetklapp Methberry PD

Jan 2, 2007
    Several years ago, there was a wanted felon on the loose running around town saying he would not be taken alive. I reported for a weekend shift and asked the marshal if I could go home and get my personal shotgun, as I didn't believe the car I would drive would be so equipped. **** no! He said. "I've got a shotgun right here!" He opens the back of the Durango and pulls up the floor and there in that cubby was the rustiest and dirtiest Remington 870 I'd ever seen. He muttered something like "I should be suspended..." as he tried to open the frozen action. That gun needed almost $200 worth of work to even fire. Shortly thereafter the marshal was fired.

7. Had one of my motor guys get his Glock rusty . . . don't get me started.

8. steveksux

steveksux Massive Member

Jul 12, 2007
    You think the motor guys are tough, you should see the dive team! In Michigan, the fresh water isn't too bad, but man I can just imagine the Florida guys diving in salt water! Got to be tough keeping the guns running...

Randy

9. collim1

collim1 Shower Time!

Mar 14, 2005
    USA
    One of our slobs had a Sig magazine rusted so bad it was stuck in his pouch. Said he hadn't taken it out since last qual about a year ago. I wanted to slap him.

10. indigent

indigent Bamboozled

Jul 2, 2005
    Tx
    I always figured the grease from the Chorizo tacos was good for lubricating the slide????? Maybe I need to rethink this idea.

11. msu_grad_121

msu_grad_121 BOOSH

Sep 16, 2009
    NW Burbs
    I know what you mean. I met a guy who (while on the job) literally never cleaned his Sig. I about lost it when I looked down the barrel and couldn't see daylight cuz of all the dust and crud and God-knows-what caking it up. His exact words? "All that crap will get blown out with the first round in a gunfight!" :wow:

It was at this point that I had an out of body experience, and I had to promise myself I would no longer talk to this mook and then I could re-enter myself.

12. razdog76

razdog76 Heavy Mettle

Sep 26, 2007
    Ohio
    :rofl:

That may be my new signature line.

13. msu_grad_121

msu_grad_121 BOOSH

Sep 16, 2009
    NW Burbs
    Feel free! The ramblings I post on here only rarely make sense, so when they do, I encourage others to spread the word! :wavey:

14. razdog76

razdog76 Heavy Mettle

Sep 26, 2007
    Ohio
    Particular to some of the regular trolls.

15. DaBigBR

DaBigBR No Infidels!

Oct 28, 2005
    Circling the wagons.
    Random question:

Why isn't "chicken musket" (or whatever the hell it was) your user title?

(By the way, half the state of Iowa is taking applications right now)

16. msu_grad_121

msu_grad_121 BOOSH

Sep 16, 2009
    NW Burbs
    :rofl::rofl::rofl:

Good memory! I might have to change it to that :supergrin:

I'll look into Iowa, but I see a lot of the same issues I've had when looking at Texas, mainly getting there to apply. Can't hurt to look tho, right?

17. DaBigBR

DaBigBR No Infidels!

Oct 28, 2005
    Circling the wagons.
    I've got a couch you can crash on, for what that's worth.

18. msu_grad_121

msu_grad_121 BOOSH

Sep 16, 2009
    NW Burbs
    Might end up taking you up on that, man. Thanks! :wavey:

19. lawman800

lawman800 Juris Glocktor

There was a female officer that hadn't taken her s&w out of her duty holster long enough that the green crud from the leather gear bonded itselfto the gun. She couldn't take it out and finally, after much cursing and gnashing of teeth, we got it freed. Yeah, same officer as the one who wouldn't take her gun out on a burg call because it was probably "just a false alarm".

20. rookie1

rookie1

Mar 3, 2009
    Iowa
    You would also eat Pancheros at least once or twice in your stay.