close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

LE Glock--Steel Sights

Discussion in 'Sights, Optics and Lasers' started by Alphonso, Nov 28, 2010.

1. Alphonso

Alphonso
    Expand Collapse

I picked up a LE Glock 17 (blue label, three mags) recently. I noticed that it has metal sights.

Do all LE models come with steel sights?

Wanna kill these ads? We can help!
  2. Noponer

Noponer
    Expand Collapse

No.

I have purchased couple of blue label guns from Ed's in Stockbridge, GA & both had standard plastic sights.

3. GlockGuyGip

GlockGuyGip
    Expand Collapse

I'm in the military so i get the privilege to purchase blue label Glocks :supergrin: and unfortunately i have yet to receive a blue label Glock with steel sights, think you just got lucky bud, congrats..

4. GlockGuyGip

GlockGuyGip
    Expand Collapse

Speaking of as i think about it, it seems like a darn good idea to make the LE/MIL (Blue Labels) Glocks to come with steel sights as a standard, makes sense don't it? Hmm..

5. Alphonso

Alphonso
    Expand Collapse

Makes sense to me.

I have four Glocks. Three have steel sights and I see no rhyme or reason about why...

6. Bill Lumberg

Bill Lumberg
    Expand Collapse
    BTF Inventor

They come with plastic or steel (night sights) as specificed by the purchasing agency. Glock sells LE glocks with either. Some agencies purchase with night sights from the factory, others install their own night sights after purchase.

#6 Bill Lumberg, Nov 28, 2010
    Last edited: Nov 28, 2010
  7. SARDG

SARDG
    Expand Collapse

I thought that the first steel sight option from Glock (in price) was the Glock night sights (GNS) and that's why agencies frequently ordered those. I have 4 blue labels. Three came with plastic, one with GNS. (I've since replaced all the plastic with TruGlo TFOs).

LE would certainly benefit from steel so that they could rack the slide on a table edge - or whatever.

8. LT642

LT642
    Expand Collapse

The only blue label LE/MIL Glock I have bought that had steel sights was a G19. It was a proof marked G19, that came into the country when there was a shortage of Glock pistols.